Dog House

Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie Dreams will become famous soon enough
Question Dog House

Hi all been skimming through the previous threads but can't find anything so sorry if this question is answered elsewhere.

What can go in the crate with your dog?

We have been told that they can have shredded paper (which the dog hates) by some or a cushion/blanket by others!

Does anybody know?

We would also like to send him over with a familiar toy but I've read that most airlines ban this (fair enough) but can the dog have a small document type pouch on the side with a toy in for when he gets to quarantine?

And finally water bowls, the little water bowls supplied are unusable by my dog (Shih-Tzu) as he cant get his mouth or tongue anywhere near the bowl for a drink. Our vet has suggested an anti-spill travel bowl to put inside but how would you top this up without opening the cage and is it allowed?

We have bought a cage bowl today and trying him with that bolted to the door of the Vari-Kennel it looks better but we will see. Do you need more than one bowl as the cage came with three of the small unusable ones? We could at a squeeze get two side-by-side.

We'll thats about my flap over with, any answers of pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dog House

I quite understand you flapping, I'm sure I'll be the same when it gets closer to taking my dog

The best person to check with would be your shippers or are you doing it yourself? Maybe do a search for your breed of dog on here and see if anyone else has discussed a similar problem

Sorry not much help but maybe somebody else will read it and have more info
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:02 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog House

You can put a blanket in there but it will be destroyed by customs on arrival.

Other than that dont put anything else in there outside the water since they wont feed him/her before hand and there is always a danger with toys etc.

Let your pet shipper advise.