Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dog export Golden Arrow Shippers

Dog export Golden Arrow Shippers

Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about
Default Dog export Golden Arrow Shippers

We used Golden Arrow to export our 2 golden retrievers, aged 12 and 9, from UK to Melbourne. They were marvellous and guided us throught the paperwork and procedures flawlessly, they even came to our house to collect them (well worth the slight extra cost) We visited them in the quarantine station 4 times during their 30 day stay there and they were just fine, although a bit bemused. They were in perfect condition when we finally collected them and I have to say the kennels were splendid, very clean and staffed by really friendly girls and vet.
Now 3 months here they have settled, as we have, with no problems and are loving their new life like us.
To all who worry about taking pets just go for it, my wife and I were anxious but reassured by posters on this forum who have exported pets.
Golden Arrow have our unconditional recommendation.
Australia is wonderful (see post under PSS)
Regards
Roger
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:35 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog export Golden Arrow Shippers

Originally Posted by RogerUK
We used Golden Arrow to export our 2 golden retrievers, aged 12 and 9, from UK to Melbourne. They were marvellous and guided us throught the paperwork and procedures flawlessly, they even came to our house to collect them (well worth the slight extra cost) We visited them in the quarantine station 4 times during their 30 day stay there and they were just fine, although a bit bemused. They were in perfect condition when we finally collected them and I have to say the kennels were splendid, very clean and staffed by really friendly girls and vet.
Now 3 months here they have settled, as we have, with no problems and are loving their new life like us.
To all who worry about taking pets just go for it, my wife and I were anxious but reassured by posters on this forum who have exported pets.
Regards
Roger
Thanks for that Roger,

Our biggest worry about everything is our Milly and how she would cope. I'm presuming you used Spotswood quarantine station? What did you think? We were going to visit them in april but just ran out of time. Checked out their website http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...8A2438A1414DFC and the exercise yard looks quite nice, lots of grass instead of horrible concrete.

Best of luck with life in Melbourne, hope to be there (some day )

D D
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Thanks for that Roger,

Our biggest worry about everything is our Milly and how she would cope. I'm presuming you used Spotswood quarantine station? What did you think? We were going to visit them in april but just ran out of time. Checked out their website http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...8A2438A1414DFC and the exercise yard looks quite nice, lots of grass instead of horrible concrete.

Best of luck with life in Melbourne, hope to be there (some day )

D D
Yes we used Spotswood and it was really good. The excersise yards were grass and clean and our 2 retrievers shared a cubicle which was comfortable and kept clean. The staff were attentive and caring as was the vet. Do not worry, Millie will cope, it is just we humans that have the problems!
Roger
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:16 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

it is just we humans that have the problems!
Roger
Tell me about it!!!

Thanks very much for the reassurance. Much appreciated.

D D
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Regards
Roger
Roger

This is very useful information. Thank you

Golden Arrow will certainly be on our radar when the time comes

We have a 2 year old golden labrador and couldn't bear the thought of leaving him back in the UK if/when we depart for Brisbane

One fear we have is that he's a little bit on the 'nosey' side and loves to explore and run through long grass. We appreciate that if he tries this in Oz he may end up getting a nasty surprise

Assuming your dogs are as energetic as ours, how do they cope with having to be on a lead all of the time (assuming this is the way you control them)

Also, how have they adjusted to the heat out there??

Many Thanks

BD