Forum Regular

racheybabe is on a distinguished road
Default does a student visa need meds??

Hello again!!!!

Does a student visa require meds????
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Maulwurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does a student visa need meds??

Originally Posted by racheybabe
Hello again!!!!

Hi!

I did one year in Wagga Wagga and the Visa was straight forward. No meds where needed. Should still be the same I guess. It was in 2002/2003 when I went.

Phil
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

if your course is for more than 12 months you need medicals and xrays i think. i had to and this was recent.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mand8002
if your course is for more than 12 months you need medicals and xrays i think. i had to and this was recent.
Could be true! It was just a 1 year course for me.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again!

Both our sons (16 and 18) had to have meds and xrays because they were going into the education system in OZ. As far as we were told, anyone going into the ed. sys. needs to have meds and xrays and sometimes bloods done.
Differernt type of visa, but think it is the same across the board - anyone correct me if wrong! Also goes for anybody working in this industry as well.

Perhaps it varies on length of stay?

Originally Posted by racheybabe
Hello again!!!!

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi again!

Both our sons (16 and 18) had to have meds and xrays because they were going into the education system in OZ. As far as we were told, anyone going into the ed. sys. needs to have meds and xrays and sometimes bloods done.
Differernt type of visa, but think it is the same across the board - anyone correct me if wrong! Also goes for anybody working in this industry as well.

Perhaps it varies on length of stay?

Found the Info!

You guys where correct. There is a link between having to do the check / or not and the length of stay, but also on the Risk Level of you Country!

Here is the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

See Page 2!

The document is about Health requirements for temporary entry to Australia.

The UK is considered medium Risk. So for any stay over 12 months you need to do X-Ray and medical check.

The only low-risk countries are Island, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Sweden and Aus. Interesting, isnt it?

Phil
Old Apr 4th 2005, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is interesting! Remember reading that when we were doing research for our visa!

Originally Posted by Maulwurf
Found the Info!

You guys where correct. There is a link between having to do the check / or not and the length of stay, but also on the Risk Level of you Country!

Here is the link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

See Page 2!

The document is about Health requirements for temporary entry to Australia.

The UK is considered medium Risk. So for any stay over 12 months you need to do X-Ray and medical check.

The only low-risk countries are Island, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Sweden and Aus. Interesting, isnt it?

Phil