British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Does M&S exist in Oz??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/does-m-s-exist-oz-121533/)

pommiesheila Dec 11th 2002 10:24 am

Does M&S exist in Oz???

Does anyone know if Marks and Spencer have any shops in Australia - I can't seem to find them anywhere - I thought they had an outlet in every major city in the world - even managed to find one on a 2 day visit to Singapore, so surely there must be one over here somewhere??? (Please don't tell me there's one in bloody Alice Springs).

wizzywozza Dec 11th 2002 10:59 am

No there aren't any M & S shops in Oz. A few years ago they announced they were going to open about 15 stores here but then they had probs with finances I think and the project was scrapped. A lot of their stores overseas have now closed. We buy our knickers in Target!

r.bartlett Dec 11th 2002 2:44 pm

We buy our knickers in Target!

don't think this is going to get by without a reply!!

cheers

richard

baldbutts Dec 11th 2002 4:04 pm

Originally posted by wizzywozza

Is the target luminous so Mr Wizzawozza knows where to aim for in the dark!

BB-Grey string Y's with a matching vest

wizzywozza Dec 11th 2002 7:57 pm

I am female!

It's MRS WIZZYWOZZA to you!

Incidentally I believe M & S do have a mail order service but I don' t think they send to OZ, although we can order gifts for delivery in the UK.

pommiesheila Dec 11th 2002 10:33 pm

Originally posted by r.bartlett

don't think this is going to get by without a reply!!

cheers

richard

Actually it wasn't knickers I was after - I usually buy Christmas from M&S!!!

Sandra Dec 11th 2002 10:45 pm

I miss M&S sooooo much, people will tell you there are similar things here, I am in Sydney, but no nothing like M&S, we are planning a very different Christmas, BBQ, Beach etc and fresh fruit and fresh seafood.

I am feeling a bit homesick as my sister has just described her M&S Christmas plans for herself and Son.

Oh sorry - Target Knickers and some of their other clothes are just as good as M&S.

Cheers

Ceri Dec 11th 2002 10:58 pm

Re: Does M&S exist in Oz???

Originally posted by pommiesheila
Does anyone know if Marks and Spencer have any shops in Australia - I can't seem to find them anywhere - I thought they had an outlet in every major city in the world - even managed to find one on a 2 day visit to Singapore, so surely there must be one over here somewhere??? (Please don't tell me there's one in bloody Alice Springs).

The M&S outlets in Singapore are very popular with expats, pity they are not here in Aus.. There's two of them there which I can recall, near Raffles MRT and Centerpoint.
I used to buy my crisps and smelly stuff there. They used to be very popular at Christmas.

I'm trying to get all my christmas shopping done this week, I've taken the week off to shop in the day, I thought it would be less busy in the day .. I tried yesterday at one of the shopping centres, all I ended up getting was one pack of cards and a foul temper :D

Suppose I should shift my ass from this computer, and try again today... I hate shopping!

cheers:)

cinderella Dec 12th 2002 11:35 am

Re: Does M&S exist in Oz???

Originally posted by pommiesheila

You could use the Website.

www.marksandspencer.com

Regards,

Cinderella

jockney Dec 12th 2002 4:23 pm

Hi,Thanks for giving me another positive in my list on oz v britain ,No M&Sthank god.Apart from the foodhall where we always do our christmas shop.My attitude was probably caused by so many dreadful xmas presents from there when I was a teenager.merry xmas jockney:D

mashiraz Dec 12th 2002 5:54 pm

They don't have a 'Boots the Chemist' either. What is the equivalent of that? Where will I get my make up and stuff from?

Mash..

Originally posted by jockney
jockney:D

baldbutts Dec 12th 2002 6:30 pm

Originally posted by mashiraz
Where will I get my make up and stuff from?

READYMIX ?

BB-just kidding Mash

hollywood110 Dec 12th 2002 7:36 pm

Originally posted by mashiraz
They don't have a 'Boots the Chemist' either. What is the equivalent of that? Where will I get my make up and stuff from?

Mash..

I will get my make up, skin care and perfume from strawberrynet.com great site,with free delivery anywhere. 100ml Calvin Klein Eternity perfume here is about £46.00. From strawberry its only £34.00 inc.post and free gift wrapping! Well worth a look.

Love

Sharon xx

wizzywozza Dec 12th 2002 8:42 pm

Makeup - no probs there all the usual stuff on sale everywhere, but I have come across Boots products now and then in K Mart. We do have The Body Shop too, which reminds me of 'home' because I used to live near the Body Shop HQ in LIttlehampton.