Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does M&S exist in Oz???

Does M&S exist in Oz???

Old Dec 11th 2002, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future
Default Does M&S exist in Oz???

Does anyone know if Marks and Spencer have any shops in Australia - I can't seem to find them anywhere - I thought they had an outlet in every major city in the world - even managed to find one on a 2 day visit to Singapore, so surely there must be one over here somewhere??? (Please don't tell me there's one in bloody Alice Springs).
Old Dec 11th 2002, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

No there aren't any M & S shops in Oz. A few years ago they announced they were going to open about 15 stores here but then they had probs with finances I think and the project was scrapped. A lot of their stores overseas have now closed. We buy our knickers in Target!
Old Dec 11th 2002, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

We buy our knickers in Target!

don't think this is going to get by without a reply!!

cheers

richard
Old Dec 11th 2002, 4:04 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by wizzywozza
Is the target luminous so Mr Wizzawozza knows where to aim for in the dark!

BB-Grey string Y's with a matching vest
Old Dec 11th 2002, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

I am female!

It's MRS WIZZYWOZZA to you!

Incidentally I believe M & S do have a mail order service but I don' t think they send to OZ, although we can order gifts for delivery in the UK.
Old Dec 11th 2002, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by r.bartlett

don't think this is going to get by without a reply!!

cheers

richard
Actually it wasn't knickers I was after - I usually buy Christmas from M&S!!!
Old Dec 11th 2002, 10:45 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I miss M&S sooooo much, people will tell you there are similar things here, I am in Sydney, but no nothing like M&S, we are planning a very different Christmas, BBQ, Beach etc and fresh fruit and fresh seafood.

I am feeling a bit homesick as my sister has just described her M&S Christmas plans for herself and Son.

Oh sorry - Target Knickers and some of their other clothes are just as good as M&S.

Cheers
Old Dec 11th 2002, 10:58 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Does M&S exist in Oz???

Originally posted by pommiesheila
Does anyone know if Marks and Spencer have any shops in Australia - I can't seem to find them anywhere - I thought they had an outlet in every major city in the world - even managed to find one on a 2 day visit to Singapore, so surely there must be one over here somewhere??? (Please don't tell me there's one in bloody Alice Springs).
The M&S outlets in Singapore are very popular with expats, pity they are not here in Aus.. There's two of them there which I can recall, near Raffles MRT and Centerpoint.
I used to buy my crisps and smelly stuff there. They used to be very popular at Christmas.

I'm trying to get all my christmas shopping done this week, I've taken the week off to shop in the day, I thought it would be less busy in the day .. I tried yesterday at one of the shopping centres, all I ended up getting was one pack of cards and a foul temper

Suppose I should shift my ass from this computer, and try again today... I hate shopping!

cheers
Old Dec 12th 2002, 11:35 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Does M&S exist in Oz???

Originally posted by pommiesheila
You could use the Website.

www.marksandspencer.com

Regards,

Cinderella
Old Dec 12th 2002, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,Thanks for giving me another positive in my list on oz v britain ,No M&Sthank god.Apart from the foodhall where we always do our christmas shop.My attitude was probably caused by so many dreadful xmas presents from there when I was a teenager.merry xmas jockney
Old Dec 12th 2002, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

They don't have a 'Boots the Chemist' either. What is the equivalent of that? Where will I get my make up and stuff from?

Mash..

Originally posted by jockney
jockney
Old Dec 12th 2002, 6:30 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by mashiraz
Where will I get my make up and stuff from?

READYMIX ?

BB-just kidding Mash
Old Dec 12th 2002, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mashiraz
They don't have a 'Boots the Chemist' either. What is the equivalent of that? Where will I get my make up and stuff from?

Mash..
I will get my make up, skin care and perfume from strawberrynet.com great site,with free delivery anywhere. 100ml Calvin Klein Eternity perfume here is about £46.00. From strawberry its only £34.00 inc.post and free gift wrapping! Well worth a look.

Love

Sharon xx
Old Dec 12th 2002, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Makeup - no probs there all the usual stuff on sale everywhere, but I have come across Boots products now and then in K Mart. We do have The Body Shop too, which reminds me of 'home' because I used to live near the Body Shop HQ in LIttlehampton.