Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone want any questions answered on Adelaide ?

Does anyone want any questions answered on Adelaide ?

Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Does anyone want any questions answered on Adelaide ?

We have what class as our Ozzy mum and Dad, who live there and will be happy to ask them any questions you may want answering, I am sure they will be happy to help.

If you do then post below

C
Old Sep 28th 2003, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

I am hopefully moving to adelaide later this year with my wife and 2 young children aged 6 and 9. looking to stay around the Greenwith area, can you tell me what the best schools are in the area and what ages they stay at primary school until...Thank:lecture:
Old Sep 28th 2003, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We looked at schools in that area and they are generally excellent. Some are private, some public. Golden Grove will probably be your closest, but there are others. If you go private then you'll need to get their names down in advance as places are limited. I can look into it if you want as we are fairly close by.

They stay at Primary until year 7 which is about 12/13 I think. I have an 8 and a 3 year old.

Good luck and hope I can help more.
Cheers
Mash..

Originally posted by Happy hammer
I am hopefully moving to adelaide later this year with my wife and 2 young children aged 6 and 9. looking to stay around the Greenwith area, can you tell me what the best schools are in the area and what ages they stay at primary school until...Thank:lecture:
Old Sep 28th 2003, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does anyone want any questions answered on Adelaide ?

Originally posted by Carrianne
We have what class as our Ozzy mum and Dad, who live there and will be happy to ask them any questions you may want answering, I am sure they will be happy to help.

C

I was wondering what sort of social life do people tend to go for in Adelaide? Do they go down to the pub and have live bands like in the UK? or do they tend to be more like here in NZ, where people tend to congregate round each others houses?

I don't mind doing that, i just get a bit bored with it and would like a good night out to let my hair down occassionally.... but not too often...i'm past my prime these days..LOL :scared:
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

C
Hi
We are hoping to emigrate to Adelaide next year (Easter/Summer) and were wondering about areas to live and job opportunities. We are a couple with a young baby (10 and a half weeks!) and are looking for some leafy suburb possibly near to the beach. I am a primary school teacher and my husband is a graduate so any information/advice would be appreciated
Susan and Rod (and Callum)
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:47 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

C

Carrianne
Cant think of to much to ask at the moment. Most of our questions up to now have been answered on the forum.

Just to say this is a very nice posting. Great to see people offering advice from family and friends who are already living there.

Cheers.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Carrianne well done although we are not going to Adelaide(Perth)
I lived just outside there as a child, left in '71 ,we lived in Elizabeth.Mum &Dad have always regreted leaving.I remember it as being clean &freindly,Mr Mover tells me it has changed a lot since then.Dad on hot summer nights used to put the telly and three piece suite in the front garden like the rest of the street ,any aliens would have thought us mad, but it was cool.Iwonder do they still do that.Couldn't do that here as the druggies would know what you had ,it wouldn't be yours much longer
Old Sep 29th 2003, 7:47 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

My hubby and I are hoping to get to Adelaide. Hubby is an electrician. Do you know what the demand is for electricians in Adelaide, or lack of it?

Also we would like to settle in a nice suburb close to beach. Can you recommend any nice areas?

Theresa
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Sunny, I have a brother that lives in a place called golden Grove just outside adelaide, its quite a new area approx 10 to 15 years old and about 20 to 30 mins from the beach. there is also Glenelg and that is right next to the sea.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

juan is an unknown quantity at this point

C
we are a family moving to adelaide after christmas are there any areas we should not look at renting in and do you know what the meet and greet accomodation is like?
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

dog19363 is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course, you could also try

Adelaide Brits

lots of good folks there