Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in Maudsland?

Does anyone live in Maudsland?

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:08 am
Just Joined

jennalou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone live in Maudsland?

Hi,
We recently moved to Coomera Waters from Perth WA and we are finding it a bit hard to settle in! We were thinking of moving to Maudsland as it looks so pretty there and very cheap compared to many other areas but my only concerns are that our children go to St Stephens college and we would not be moving them. This means alot of travelling so if anybody has children that go to the college, how do you find it? Also, is Maudsland a family oriented place to live and are there lots of things to do and places to go? is there a decent place to do the shopping?
Sorry to waffle on, but having made the mistake of not checking out these things before our last move, im wanting to make sure its a good place to move to.......many thanks for any info about the area.

Last edited by jennalou; Jun 2nd 2008 at 4:30 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Does anyone live in Maudsland?

Hi,

I have received a reply from someone, but it wont allow me to open the message? I think it's from temptininit? Not sure why i cant open it as I have only just joined the website and im not 100% computer savvy! If you could try sending it again please......
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anyone live in Maudsland?

Maudsland is indeed very pretty and scenic, with the added bonus of more for your dollar.

Can't help you with the school, both my children are adult brutes, but there is shopping a short car ride away, either at Upper Comera shopping village, has a Bi Lo, Drs, Bottle shop, pizza, Chinese, fast chicken, video shop, I think a travel agent, news agent, Goldsteins and chemist. There is also a rather good looking antique shop just a bit further up the road.

Helensvale shopping centre, about 15 minutes drives offers much more choice.

If I were not living in Oyster Cove, Maudsland would be my next choice.

I think there is little to do there but it is a good jumping point for many other nearby destinations.........but............a car is an absolute must have.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info, its helped alot. The kids like helensvale shops and our other choice was Riverdowns but its much more expensive. Hopefully we can move once more and feel settled. I never thought I would say it, but i've been more homesick for Perth than I ever was for the UK........
Thanks again.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

We currently live in Maudsland and like it so far.

Less than 5 mins drive to Westfield Helensvale, M1 (J62 or J57) etc.

Even less time to Oxenford shops... Wollies, butcher, newsagent, bakers, etc. etc. It is fairly quiet and scenic but very close to everything we need and a fair bit cheaper compared to Pacific Pines for example.

We are on the edge of the Pacific Pines tavern free bus as well
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennalou
Hi,

I have received a reply from someone, but it wont allow me to open the message? I think it's from temptininit? Not sure why i cant open it as I have only just joined the website and im not 100% computer savvy! If you could try sending it again please......
You have three posts now so will be able to read the message. Click on Private Messages at the top of the screen by your username.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 2nd 2008 at 8:39 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:04 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longreach
We currently live in Maudsland and like it so far.

Less than 5 mins drive to Westfield Helensvale, M1 (J62 or J57) etc.

Even less time to Oxenford shops... Wollies, butcher, newsagent, bakers, etc. etc. It is fairly quiet and scenic but very close to everything we need and a fair bit cheaper compared to Pacific Pines for example.

We are on the edge of the Pacific Pines tavern free bus as well
Free bus? Tell me more!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of development around Maudsland - new acreage blocks all fenced off, eg Riverstone Crossing, Huntingdon Downs (I think). It's close to other places but it doesn't have much itself. It's now looking like a continuation of Pac Pines and still growing.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:37 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

PM and email sent.

Have a look at the website template for Maudsland/parklakes here.

http://www.parklakecommunity.com/

We like it, it has a nice park, feels secluded, it's quiet and has good transport links. We weren't too keen on Pac Pines for some reason but liked Maudsland so we get all the facilities that Pac Pines offers and the seclusion (for now!) of Parklakes.

The Park is busy every weekend with parties and families having picnics, childcare centres bring kids there during the day sometimes.

The vacant land at then junction of Binstead and pitcairn will be shops with cafe's/coffee shops and childcare. I believe there will be more shops behind near to riverlinks too.

Last edited by temptininnit; Jun 2nd 2008 at 10:43 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:49 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennalou
Thanks for the info, its helped alot. The kids like helensvale shops and our other choice was Riverdowns but its much more expensive. Hopefully we can move once more and feel settled. I never thought I would say it, but i've been more homesick for Perth than I ever was for the UK........
Thanks again.
We moved to the Gold Coast after two years in Adelaide and I can so relate to your comment about feeling more homesick for Perth than the U.K. I feel as if I put my all into the first move and was a bit weary of 'different' when we moved on again.....funny isn't it. I also made (and left behind )some really lovely friends in Adelaide.

We've been here (on the Gold Coast) nearly 2 years now and life is feeling much more normal now.

Good Luck with your decision
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your imput everyone who has commented....It is really difficult to keep making dicisions on where to live when there are kids involved and I have so many good friends who call me and email me to move back to Perth so that makes it harder. All I can say is that the girls seem happy at their school and that makes it just as hard for me to leave QLD now so we are here and we have to feel positive that it will work out for the best. We are looking at acre sized house and land for sale and hearing from others it seems that we can live there but still have the convenience of being close to the shops so I think we will take the plunge and move !! Many thanks again.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it when 'friends' do the emotional blackmail (however nicely). They must realise how hard it is to move away in the first place without constantly getting messages to come back. It's really selfish but for the best reasons. A friend has never settled because several times a week her old mates in the UK text her about missing her and what events she's missed out on

I hope you settle well in Maudsland. It is nice up there. It's where I'd be if I had to be at the top end. Good luck