Reload this Page >

Does anyone here work in HR in Oz? quick Q

Does anyone here work in HR in Oz? quick Q

Old May 3rd 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone here work in HR in Oz? quick Q

hiya,

Does anyone know how annual leave here is calculated for part-time staff? Am unsure as it is all accrued here.

Am due to start a new job at the end of the month in a .6FTE. We are taking a weeks hols in August that was booked prior to being offered the job. Have just had an email from my friend to say she has booked to come over during November to stay. Want to try to work out how much leave i will have accrued by then to take off to spend with her. Am very excited and obviously don't want to be at work the whole of the 2 weeks or so she is here

Can anyone help?!

Cheers

Sarah
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:44 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone here work in HR in Oz? quick Q

Originally Posted by andysarah
hiya,

Does anyone know how annual leave here is calculated for part-time staff? Am unsure as it is all accrued here.

Am due to start a new job at the end of the month in a .6FTE. We are taking a weeks hols in August that was booked prior to being offered the job. Have just had an email from my friend to say she has booked to come over during November to stay. Want to try to work out how much leave i will have accrued by then to take off to spend with her. Am very excited and obviously don't want to be at work the whole of the 2 weeks or so she is here

Can anyone help?!

Cheers

Sarah
Don't work in HR sorry, but depending on who you work for.

You can take your allowance when ever you want, if you leave before accruing the total amount you will not get paid...

Thats how it works with the major companies, they allow you to go negative but if you leave they wont pay you !

Hope that kinda helps !

Nick
Old May 4th 2008, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, hope i will be working for one of those companies! They do seem pretty good, but haven't started yet so remains to be seen.

Am a bit concerned about it as i have also heard on here that some people actually have to accrue it before taking it. Would hate not to get some time to spend with my friend

Sarah
Old May 4th 2008, 1:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andysarah
Thanks for that, hope i will be working for one of those companies! They do seem pretty good, but haven't started yet so remains to be seen.

Am a bit concerned about it as i have also heard on here that some people actually have to accrue it before taking it. Would hate not to get some time to spend with my friend

Sarah
Depends on your employer, but yes, in many cases you do have to accrue it before you can take it. Some will allow unpaid leave if you haven't accrued enough. It varies from employer to employer, and you will need to talk to your boss.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 4th 2008 at 1:20 am.