Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else love smoothies?!

Does anyone else love smoothies?!

Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:55 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone else love smoothies?!

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
I regularly do banana mango oj and whatever else is going furry in the fruit bowl!! kids love the banana and mango for brekkie!
I could just drown in mango smoothie!!!!!! better than sex!

sue
love mango smoothie too - had mango nectar in Australia at the yummundi market.

Tried to make mango smoothie at home though and used mango out of asda - i gave it days to ripen and then whizzed it up with other stuff, but prob was that mango went all stringy - have you ever had stringy mango? You were literally eating string!!!! Think i'll leave mango's to the ozzies!

Lynn
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:53 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

Tried to make mango smoothie at home though and used mango out of asda - i gave it days to ripen and then whizzed it up with other stuff, but prob was that mango went all stringy - have you ever had stringy mango? You were literally eating string!!!! Think i'll leave mango's to the ozzies!

Lynn
cant say as i have had that prob - i use a blender to make mine, and whizz it for quite a long time, so perhaps i obliterate any stringy bits!! stick in some oj too.....
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
cant say as i have had that prob - i use a blender to make mine, and whizz it for quite a long time, so perhaps i obliterate any stringy bits!! stick in some oj too.....
Whizzed it for ages!!! lol. everything else was smooth with string floating around. v. weird
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Is Gelato another word for sorbet then? The recipes look like a sorbet recipe I saw recently

Thanks for the recipes will try those, they sound yummy

Lynn

I suppose it could be that, but you get milk-based gelato too. It's just a lot nicer than any other kind of ice cream. It has stronger flavours and isn't so cloyingly sweet.

Enjoy!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Lynn
The secret lies in the type of mango you purchase. Ask for the one without the stringy bits at your local green grocer. If you look in the fridge of Safeway/Woolies, you can get pre-cubed frozen mangos of the correct kind especially for smoothies - mmmm.......
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by G'Day
The secret lies in the type of mango you purchase. Ask for the one without the stringy bits at your local green grocer. If you look in the fridge of Safeway/Woolies, you can get pre-cubed frozen mangos of the correct kind especially for smoothies - mmmm.......
Why would anyone want to buy a stringy mango!!? Didn't know there were different types. Will check local safeway for frozen cubed mango - I hope they have it - maybe you only get that in Australia?

Thanks for the tip

Lynnlovesmangos
Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:13 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G'Day

Lynn, I suspect there is a safeway in aus, speshly as ours have turned into morrisons (or waitrose/tesco - anyone in sheffield will know what im on about!) so dont get too excited!! another way of getting rid of the string is to pour it through a seive/tea strainer!!

sue
Old Dec 15th 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why would anyone want to buy a stringy mango!!? Didn't know there were different types. Will check local safeway for frozen cubed mango - I hope they have it - maybe you only get that in Australia?

Thanks for the tip

Lynnlovesmangos

Hi Lyn!

Th stringy mango was the original variety that nature provided us with. Thanks to many people moaning about bits between teeth and the like a few varieties with less fibre were "engineered". I hope you have it in the UK.