Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else love smoothies?!

Does anyone else love smoothies?!

Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:04 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone else love smoothies?!

When I was in Brisbane on holiday last year I fell in love with all the smoothie bars. There are hardly any in Glasgow and they are one thing I am really looking forward to when I move to Australia next year I loved the smoothie bar in the sunshine plaza.

Thats so sad isn't it!? I just found them really yummy and a great way of getting fruit - the only thing is the ice cream ones must be a bit fattening (even if it is reduced fat ice-cream). Didn't like the look of the veggie ones though with carrot, beetroot and wheatgrass! What is it with Australian's and wheatgrass!!?

Anyone got any good recipes I can make at home?

Lynn
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone else love smoothies?!

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
When I was in Brisbane on holiday last year I fell in love with all the smoothie bars. There are hardly any in Glasgow and they are one thing I am really looking forward to when I move to Australia next year I loved the smoothie bar in the sunshine plaza.

Thats so sad isn't it!? I just found them really yummy and a great way of getting fruit - the only thing is the ice cream ones must be a bit fattening (even if it is reduced fat ice-cream). Didn't like the look of the veggie ones though with carrot, beetroot and wheatgrass! What is it with Australian's and wheatgrass!!?

Anyone got any good recipes I can make at home?

Lynn
I'm not too good at eating brekkie so instead I have

2 bananas
some yoghurt
milk
oats
other fruit eg a peach or some grapes

all zizzed up. Oats get ground up and are very filling and lots of fibre in it so you don't get hungry.

Can add hunny or spices too.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by yonk
I'm not too good at eating brekkie so instead I have

2 bananas
some yoghurt
milk
oats
other fruit eg a peach or some grapes

all zizzed up. Oats get ground up and are very filling and lots of fibre in it so you don't get hungry.

Can add hunny or spices too.
that sounds lovely, will give that a try.

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:12 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

that sounds lovely, will give that a try.

Thanks
Yuk! But then I am not much of a fruit eater. I did try one with beetroot and wheatgerm in Brisbane and that has put me off for life.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by worzel
Yuk! But then I am not much of a fruit eater. I did try one with beetroot and wheatgerm in Brisbane and that has put me off for life.
Not the best perhaps to start off with!!! I had lovely ones with banana, strawberries and peaches - they were devine!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:15 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

They sound yummy, wish i had a smoothie maker,i'll have to buy myself one when i get to aus!

laura
xxx
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
They sound yummy, wish i had a smoothie maker,i'll have to buy myself one when i get to aus!

laura
xxx
Not long now Laura for you!!! Have you been to Australia on holiday before? Hows Montu - everything organised? I am still so worried about what Poppy will think.

Lynn

ps make sure you try the smoothies out of the bars when you get there!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

I just use my Braun wizzy thing.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:58 pm
Cheeky

Yep, you dont need a smoothie maker (IMHO! ) I just use a cheap hand held blender and a huge jug. Hey presto!

My kids love em and its a great way of getting them to eat fruit.

Cheeky
x

Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:02 pm
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Yep been making the for an age in my electric mixer thingey

Hmmmm Mango, Kiwi, Banana

Also this company do nice ones in the UK

http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/

and they keep Monkeys working down a well

Last edited by Beegee; Dec 7th 2004 at 4:04 pm. Reason: Cos I felt like it
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:28 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Not long now Laura for you!!! Have you been to Australia on holiday before? Hows Montu - everything organised? I am still so worried about what Poppy will think.

Lynn

ps make sure you try the smoothies out of the bars when you get there!

yep, i've only been to perth tho, so Melbourne will be asurprise, hopei like it as much as i like perth.

BTW i have got nothing orgainised and still need to sort out montu as the quote i got was for Sydney........

it will probley be a last minute panic, but i will certainly keep you posted, especailly with the montu thing

laura
xxxx
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:50 pm
nsw-march 05

shazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Does anyone else love smoothies?!

OOh yeah try this one.... i loooovee it!

1 cup of rasberries
1 peeled kiwi/passion fruit
2 cups of Orange juice
2 banannas
1 (large scoop) of Sorbet (choose your flavour)
sweeten to taste
(you can add vodka to it too!)

you can mix around the fruit you put in if theres anything u wanna add! but coz u use sorbet its relatively low fat!
yummy but still healthy... yay!

Sharon x
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by shazfrost
OOh yeah try this one.... i loooovee it!

1 cup of rasberries
1 peeled kiwi/passion fruit
2 cups of Orange juice
2 banannas
1 (large scoop) of Sorbet (choose your flavour)
sweeten to taste
(you can add vodka to it too!)

you can mix around the fruit you put in if theres anything u wanna add! but coz u use sorbet its relatively low fat!
yummy but still healthy... yay!

Sharon x
My mouth is watering now!!! another great one to try, cheers
Do frozen rasberries work ok too?

Lynn
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I like to use frozen yoghurt instead of ice cream...it has a bit more of a tang to it and with the fruit, its very yummy!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:57 pm

Just been to Braehead shopping centre in Glasgow Christmas shopping and guess what.....A smoothie/ juice bar has opened called Zumo!!! I had a mango melody (mango/banana/OJ/low fat yoghurt) it was lovely! after me saying there were no smoothie places in glasgow

As I was walking around it reminded me of hotter/ sunnier times in Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.