Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone.............

Wikiposts

Does anyone.............

Old May 4th 2004, 1:38 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Simone82
he he, I like the organising too!!
THough I'm not as organised as Scutter (yet)

I love filling in forms, emailing with shippers, trying to work out if we will fit everything into 22 m3...

Glad I don't have a house to sell though
i'm not really THAT organised..... i'll probably get there and find out i'm way of the mark and have to start from scratch with the planning.... but it keeps me occupied in between coats of gloss and emulsion. lol

actually i'm not looking forward to organising the shipping side of things. i think when i'm due to do that i'll be up to my eyeballs in selling houses and sending for visas....:S

i'm sure it will all work out.

....although i still feel like someone else will be going instead of me.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:39 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by loose
lol - not those sort of services mate.....My girls been in Oz since the New Year, and I'm still in England, but it hasn't got that bad yet!!!

LOL.... i was gonna say! *backs to the walls*
Old May 4th 2004, 1:42 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
believe it or not, i actually get a kick out of being stressed yet organised at the same time. ..... although i've been to see the docs recently with a problem, and they think it's stress related... i don't feel stressed at all! but what do they know?

by the way you should see my excel spreadsheet working out my finances. It actually covers my first 12 months in oz, on a weekly basis!! lol

ok i know i'm a creep....but i love it. (maybe i should have been an accountant. lol

Stop it, you're scaring me with your talk of spreadsheets!

Actually, I like organising too - it's my job, after all, so I'd be scuppered if I didn't. Not gone as far as spreadsheets though.

Loose, I'll do your organising for a £50 and a crate of bundy!
Old May 4th 2004, 1:46 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

oh! I'm a basket case! The whole process has me panicky. My husband is the one that has to do the paper work (I'm 49, too old but he's 39 (robbed the cradle) . we have been in contact with our agent for a while now, and have decided to go for it. Our paperwork should arrive any day and my heart starts thumping every time the postman comes. I think I'm gonna need some really strong tranquilizers to get thru this!!:scared:
Old May 4th 2004, 1:47 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

You like your Rum dont you!! Deal!! But you ge tthe bundy afterwards or you'll be in no state to organize anything!!
Old May 4th 2004, 1:52 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose
You like your Rum dont you!! Deal!! But you ge tthe bundy afterwards or you'll be in no state to organize anything!!

Ok, you're on. I do like my rum. Rum, yum. It's good for you - it says so on the bottle. And no, given my performance on Saturday, I would certainly be in no fit state to organise anything.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:53 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I have a spread sheet only for my packing list. Have to make one for the shippers, but making it for myself too, so adding exactly what's in each box(instead of 'books', it'll be 'school books') and what the measurements are, so I can see if 22 m3 is enough!
I also now have to start figuring out/measuring what I can keep for after the shippers come(3 weeks). We've only got 20 kg's each, cos we've got cheap tickets.... So have to plan VERY carefully. I will also still be busy for school so have to plan what to keep. Luckily most of the books I'm using are library books.

Also in the proces of making a huge checklist for moving, combining all other checklists here. I'd post it here when I'm done but I'm afraid it'll be half English/half Dutch when I'm done....

Ya know what else I've done to keep myself busy? You know ptlab's FAQ at the top? I've translated the whole thing in Dutch, for our new dutch expat forum Actually, after a while it should save me some work
Old May 4th 2004, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Well, just a week or so before we leave I will have to sit an exam. I can't let myself get stressed and worked up about things but when will I find the time and motivation to revise?

But as my dad says, "It will be ok"!

Mandy