Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anybody have doubts????

Wikiposts

Does anybody have doubts????

Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:19 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Does anybody have doubts????

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Hi Julie,

How spooky! We are hoping to go to Toowoomba too although we've never been there. We are going out to validate our visas in July and hope we like it!! Have done quite a lot of research on the area and it sounds like the sort of place we'd like to live. Plan to make the final move in January 2006. The only person we know there is an expat who is a relative of a friend but she has been really helpful. We'll have to keep in touch. When are you planning to go?

Nicola
Hi Nicola, that IS spooky!! We are hopefully going next June and it does really help that we have friends there too. My friend has told me that it has apparently been named one of the safest cities and I too have looked into the area. Have you been on Toowoomba.com? It has some good information on it if you fancy a look. Would be great to keep in touch and let each other know what is going on. So how long are you going for when you go in July? Would be nice to hear how you got on
Julie
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:35 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anybody have doubts????

Originally Posted by oldgit
We,ve all had doubts "Petal".And just because you finally get to Aus doesn't mean you will become doubt free.Just different doubts take the place of those you have now or may even add to those you have now.
but hey you are a " deal with it person" so you will be OK.The courage is there it is lurking in the back ground.Your decision But I for one would put money on you.
If you can live in Manchester you can live anywhere...tee hee... i withdraw that remark unreservedly... sorry...its too many bubbles in the non alchoholic house wine I get from Aus Woollies..gotta keep a clear head.. those bloody possums are on the colour bond tin roof again having a romantic interlude and its pouring with rain so i am not going outside at midnight to chase them away. They can get on with it!!! fortunately its not bedtime yet!!!
cheers oldgit
Hi Oldgit, Thank you for the vote of confidence. You are right about living in Manchester (can live anywhere) Anywhere has to be better than here. You have fun having a few drinks mmmmmm. I will be doing the same myslef tonight ha ha
Julie
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:11 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
<snip>
I am not going to work when we first move there because we will be having a house built and I am going to sort all of that out whilst my hubby earns the pennies and I just hope that I dont become too isolated because I am not meeting new people at work etc
<snip>
LOL. PM Jill (go bananas) for advice on this situation. Dont think you are going to feel isolated
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:14 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
LOL. PM Jill (go bananas) for advice on this situation. Dont think you are going to feel isolated
Thanks, I will do that
Julie
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:16 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Sorry, How do I find Jill if she is not on line please?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:58 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, How do I find Jill if she is not on line please?
send PM anyway and she will be back online soon and will answer then
Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

griffinfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think we would be normal!! well nearly normal if we didn't have any doubts!

At the moment im worrying about my 14 year old hes about to do sats and not that interested to go!! We have my sister and her family out there so he can't wait to see them again but i think its just the thought of going to High school and making new friends,He says he has just got popular here!! feel guilty or what!
Other 2 children 8 and 7 are excited!

We are leaving my hubby's parents he is an only child so children only grandchildren! That will be hard as they have never flown before and have said they don't think they will visit! Im sure once we have gone and they miss us they will to see us will be too much and they will fly! (hopefully)

My parents are divorced and will both visit as long as it isnt at the same time will be fine!!

We are only at Meds stage so little way to go yet!!

Nicky
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:01 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

you would'nt be normal if you did'nt have doubts
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:06 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steve2438
My only reply would be if, it years to come and you didnt move you would keep saying "What If"...my dad had the chance to go in the 50's and didnt...bugged him up until he died.
good point.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

Hi Oldgit, Thank you for the vote of confidence. You are right about living in Manchester (can live anywhere) Anywhere has to be better than here. You have fun having a few drinks mmmmmm. I will be doing the same myslef tonight ha ha
Julie
Hi Julie
You are most welcome. Get a sheet of paper divide it down the middle pros and cons for moving to Aus.Throughout this difficult time for you so long as enough pros are really important to you then go.Even if on some days the cons seem to be slightly in the lead.Remember too at each stage of your migration you will have spent valuable money getting there.
Goodbye and goodluck
Oldgit
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

RoganJosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Doubts?
Yeah, I had a few about coming to Oz, but now I have no doubts at all.You find after a while that they soon start to disappear when reality sets in.
I'm going to enjoy that long beautiful flight back to the UK.