Doctors

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:36 am
Just Joined

marseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nicemarseygreen is just really nice
Default Doctors

Hi everyone. We are moving to Sydney at the end of May and am working through the endless list of things to do before then!!

We were advised to get our GP to prepare handover files to take with us for our new dr in oz. Did you all do this? Do you think it is necessary/ beneficial? If you did do this, how much did your dr surgery charge you? I just called our surgery and the secretary said she thought they would charge £50-90 per person! That's going to be £200- 360 for our family!

Not going to do this unless it's really necessary... What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Mary
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doctors

No, didn't take any records.

Make sure you have a short 'Medical CV' for each of you - dates of any major illnesses, operations, medications you take, vaccinations - and that will be plenty. You will be asked over and over again for this information so it's worth keeping it up to date even after you get here.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Never had a doctor ask me for any kind of health background.

I just filled out a form at the docs down the road and sorted
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have any major health issues or history then yes bring details, otherwise don't worry about it. I bought details of my migraines because of the amount of drugs, tests etc I'd had over the years but only to remind me of what I'm allergic to or what I've tried before. There's no need really. If you have young kids you will need to bring their immunisation charts though.