Docs certified?

Old Oct 19th 2004, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Docs certified?

Can i take my husbands documents down to be certified, this includes an affidavit, or does he have to take them himself.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Docs certified?

Originally Posted by midge04
Can i take my husbands documents down to be certified, this includes an affidavit, or does he have to take them himself.
midge
If you're just talking about having certfied copies made of the documents, you can take the originals along with copies to have them certfied. All the solicitor or JP is doing is certifying that the copies are are a true copy of the original document.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:47 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Oi, Stewie, where have you been???!!!!

And yes, as long as you have the originals, you can take the docs for certifying. Not 100% about the affidavit though. If in doubt, phone your nearest magistrates to track down a JP (usually free, unlike solicitors)
Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:57 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

We couldn't find a solicitor willing to certify our docs in almost the whole of Swindon - apparemtly they are all faaaaarrrrr to busy. Eventually tracked down a notary public. They took the copies themselves, but we had to show passports for us all. Apparently they usually charge £5 per copy! but they did a whole stack for us for about £15