Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do your CD's & DVD's melt/warp when shiped to OZ?

Do your CD's & DVD's melt/warp when shiped to OZ?

Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice
Default Do your CD's & DVD's melt/warp when shipped to OZ?

Hi all,

I was wondering wether my large DVD collection will get warped/ruined by the extreme heat of crossing the equator on its route to Australia.

Is there anything the shippers can do to protect them from the heat?.

Thanks in advance.

65KK
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:36 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

this is a wind up right ???????
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

No straight up!..., DVD's and CD's can warp if exposed to high temperatures. Anyone shipped dvd's over? Are they OK?

Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:55 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

we shipped loads of cd's and dvd's over without a problem. (and without any extra protection !)

Dont know what you've heard about the equator but as far as I'm aware it needs to be a lot hotter than that before they warp.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Re-writable CDs are susceptible to having data corrupted by high temperatures as they work on the principle of a laser heating dye on the disc to change its colour. This is how they are re-writable, when you wipe the disc clean the laser of the writer alters the colour of the dye back to neurtral. If the re-writable CD gets too hot it can rewrite the disc.
Better to use Recordable discs instead.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 5:29 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Do your CD's & DVD's melt/warp when shipped to OZ?

Originally posted by 65 million
Hi all,

I was wondering wether my large DVD collection will get warped/ruined by the extreme heat of crossing the equator on its route to Australia.

Is there anything the shippers can do to protect them from the heat?.

Thanks in advance.

65KK
Dunno about while being shipped, but FWIW, last summer in the UK (The Year of The Very Hot Summer) I left some CDs in my car for a few months. They went all sticky, and sadly I had to chuck them away

Bummer.

Anya.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

What about when flying over the equator?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 7:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steandleigh
What about when flying over the equator?
It gets hot and sticky and everyone throws off there clothes
Old Jul 17th 2004, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Yehaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Wheres Bix da Boss tonite?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Yehaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Wheres Bix da Boss tonite?
I just picked her up from work a while ago so got her doing some ironing to help her unwind
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Bix
I just picked her up from work a while ago so got her doing some ironing to help her unwind

It's moments like these that make me love expats so.........
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

It's moments like these that make me love expats so.........
No, it's okay really. I didn't press her into it. She deserves to let off steam after a hard day tending the general public.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Bix
No, it's okay really. I didn't press her into it. She deserves to let off steam after a hard day tending the general public.

B'dump,dump!!!! ( and a clap of the hands! ).

Did Bob monkhouse really leave his joke books to you?!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

B'dump,dump!!!! ( and a clap of the hands! ).

Did Bob monkhouse really leave his joke books to you?!
It's the reason i am being deported Stan
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

We were told by our shippers the reason they didn't use bubble-wrap as their packaging material was because of the temperatures reached in the containers whilst crossing the equator.

We didn't have any problems with any of our goods shipped (inc CDs)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.