Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you no the answer

Do you no the answer

Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough
Default Do you no the answer

yes yes i no another of them questions.

Has anybody taken a TV and PC to Cairns, i have been told yes and no

What power is it over there and is it 2 or 3 prong, i am not stupid just never been out of the UK.

Thanks you lot its really appreciated
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Do you no the answer

Originally Posted by KerryRyan

What power is it over there and is it 2 or 3 prong, i am not stupid just never been out of the UK.

do a search mate , its asked every week nearly ....
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

oz electrical supply is 240v 50hz exactly the same as the uk
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve`o
oz electrical supply is 240v 50hz exactly the same as the uk

Cheers Mate
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
do a search mate , its asked every week nearly ....
Hiya i have tried to search but i am still not getting the answers i want, I have been told its different in Cairns with the humidity than to other places in OZ, i can find it on the search about NSW but not Cairns,

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya i have tried to search but i am still not getting the answers i want, I have been told its different in Cairns with the humidity than to other places in OZ, i can find it on the search about NSW but not Cairns,

Thanks
What's humidity got to do with it?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 12:57 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Power is the same except for the powercuts, your TV might not work though as the tuners are on a different frequency. I'm told this is something that can be altered but unless your TV is very new I might consider leaving it behind and buying a nice big plasma once you get here.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Take some extension leads with you, then you only have to change the one plug for your PC to work (connect PC, speakers and Monitor into extension lead). Do the same for the TV and vid/dvd. You will need a set up box or Foxtel satellite to see the channels on the TV.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
Take some extension leads with you, then you only have to change the one plug for your PC to work (connect PC, speakers and Monitor into extension lead). Do the same for the TV and vid/dvd. You will need a set up box or Foxtel satellite to see the channels on the TV.
You can just buy the Australian version of the PC plugs and that takes care of the monitor and PC at least, the cables are exactly the same just have the country plugs on the end that plugs into the wall
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:44 am
Banned

Aussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud of

Oh my god not this f****** question again.

Why will my tv work, what is the power like, is the sun still yellow, is the sky still blue.

do some research, I am worried that people have not found out the basics for themselves, (I know that people will say, posting questions on here is research).
I agree with that if the questions had never come up before. FFS

Why does'nt a moderator instead of shifting everything around all the time. Do a sticky for idiots to look at with the Ten most frequently asked questions.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

And set up some basic grammar/spelling rules. People with English as a third language can do better than this.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pom

Why will my tv work, what is the power like, is the sun still yellow, is the sky still blue.

do some research, I am worried that people have not found out the basics for themselves, (I know that people will say, posting questions on here is research).

Why does'nt a moderator instead of shifting everything around all the time. Do a sticky for idiots to look at with the Ten most frequently asked questions.
Bit harsh

The OP has searched but was concerned that things were different in Cairns. It is a big move and people want to make the right decisions, so I don't see any problem here. If you didn't like the question you could have ignored it....

Hope your question has been answered KerryRyan....

Last edited by medwaymark; Sep 19th 2007 at 6:35 am.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:59 am
Banned

Aussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally
And set up some basic grammar/spelling rules. People with English as a third language can do better than this.
I didn't know they'd gone

Shouldn't that be a full stop at the end of confused.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:16 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Bit harsh

The OP has searched but was concerned that things were different in Cairns. It is a big move and people want to make the right decisions, so I don't see any problem here. If you didn't like the question you could have ignored it....

Hope your question has been answered KerryRyan....
I think it was a bit harsh too. Every state is different here, different rules and standards across state boundaries so who knows, it could have been different way up north. Afterall wasn't it only a few years ago you had to change trains at the borders because the guages were all different! Also Cairns is very humid and unless you have AC and and de-humidifier who knows if a TV or computer would last very long unless you took precautions..
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pom

Aussie_Pom, are you being bullied and having to go to OZ for new friends, with an attitude like that you wont get any, no community spirit, very selfish, i wish you sunburn, oh and hope everything goes well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.