Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you live in Greenwith, SA??

Do you live in Greenwith, SA??

Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:44 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Do you live in Greenwith, SA??

This time last year I put a thread on here that said "Anyone living in Greenwith, SA" we ended up metting up with a family on Christmas Eve for a quick cuppa, and now over the last 12 months we have had some great laughs, and all become really good friends, last weekend we were all away on one of our many camping trips and were talking about the "fluke" of meeting up and how neither of us would normally meet people off the internet etc etc but that we did and how we all get on so well!

I not looking to change that but was just sitting infront of the computer catching up on emails and thought I would put the thread on again 12months later and see what happens!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:43 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do you live in Greenwith, SA??

Guess everyone from Greenwith is out enjoying the sunshine!!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:15 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Guess everyone from Greenwith is out enjoying the sunshine!!
We have moved "poms" into Greenwith, golden grove ,wynne vale this year i guess not every one reads BE.................mm
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I live a few doors down
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:34 am
A Returning Member!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
I live a few doors down
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

steve_and_gill will become famous soon enoughsteve_and_gill will become famous soon enough

We don't live in Greenwith. At least we don't live in Greenwith for another week or two.

We have just took a rental up there (still down in West Beach) and will be going in and out for a week or two before moving in fully.

I guess we'd be interested in meeting up - send us a PM and we will invite you along to a pool and bbq house warming. You will just need to bring a chair, some plates, forks, glasses.. I guess most things... until our stuff gets out here.. we shall be living frugally in a minimalist style

We still don't know many.. actually we only have our mates that moved here from the UK at the moment.. so make that we know virtually no-one! You will only be a few streets away as the area isn't that big is it?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point

This time last year I put a thread on here that said "Anyone living in Greenwith, SA" we ended up metting up with a family on Christmas Eve for a quick cuppa, and now over the last 12 months we have had some great laughs, and all become really good friends, last weekend we were all away on one of our many camping trips and were talking about the "fluke" of meeting up and how neither of us would normally meet people off the internet etc etc but that we did and how we all get on so well!

I not looking to change that but was just sitting infront of the computer catching up on emails and thought I would put the thread on again 12months later and see what happens!
Hi there - 'Shammy' - we live in Greenwith, what a coincidence we also met a family on Christmas Eve last year and we also get on a great with them even though they called us 'common' for having a 'white' beer fridge!!! Even more coincidentally we have just been on a camping trip with them but despite being good friends they made us sit out in their caravan whilst they sat inside with their heater on full blast....................... So if you don't mind being friends with commoners and will share your heater on a campng trip - we're available Christmas Day for Dinner and lots of drinks ........... What do you think???

Bec (or is it Chris)
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve_and_gill
We don't live in Greenwith. At least we don't live in Greenwith for another week or two.

We have just took a rental up there (still down in West Beach) and will be going in and out for a week or two before moving in fully.

I guess we'd be interested in meeting up - send us a PM and we will invite you along to a pool and bbq house warming. You will just need to bring a chair, some plates, forks, glasses.. I guess most things... until our stuff gets out here.. we shall be living frugally in a minimalist style

We still don't know many.. actually we only have our mates that moved here from the UK at the moment.. so make that we know virtually no-one! You will only be a few streets away as the area isn't that big is it?
Steve & Gill - Welcome to Greenwith - its a great place - you'll like living here. We've been here a year and have recently bought having rented for a while to start with. There's quite a big Pommie Expat Community but the Aussies a pretty friendly and welcoming too. Hope you enjoy your time here. Chris
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:01 am
A Returning Member!!

Originally Posted by chrisk8
Hi there - 'Shammy' - we live in Greenwith, what a coincidence we also met a family on Christmas Eve last year and we also get on a great with them even though they called us 'common' for having a 'white' beer fridge!!! Even more coincidentally we have just been on a camping trip with them but despite being good friends they made us sit out in their caravan whilst they sat inside with their heater on full blast....................... So if you don't mind being friends with commoners and will share your heater on a campng trip - we're available Christmas Day for Dinner and lots of drinks ........... What do you think???

Bec (or is it Chris)

Well I would probably tend to agree with your friends that a "white" beer fridge is a little lower class, maybe one should pop it onto ones christmas list and FC could deliver a coloured one??
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Well I would probably tend to agree with your friends that a "white" beer fridge is a little lower class, maybe one should pop it onto ones christmas list and FC could deliver a coloured one??
FC won't no where Greenwith is - so best I stick with my white beer fridge.................. coz I like it!!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:29 am
A Returning Member!!

Originally Posted by chrisk8
FC won't no where Greenwith is - so best I stick with my white beer fridge.................. coz I like it!!!!!

Ok will buy you a nice "Doilley" for Christmas to drape over it!!

To be honest we dont mind that you have a white beer fridge either as long as it is full when we visit and empty when we leave thats alllll that matters!! We also promise to share our heater next time and bring as many as you like Christmas Day we dont care, coz your our frwwendddd!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

steve_and_gill will become famous soon enoughsteve_and_gill will become famous soon enough

So is there anything in particular for New Years to do in Greenwith?
So far we have considered:
- heading down to Elder Park, either drive or get the free transport. Not sure we can bothered with the crowds though and the pain and grief of trying to get a beer or meal on NYE
- Heading to Semaphore beach, not sure whether it would be hoon town, plus we went down there on xmas day.

So, at this rate we will sit back and watch the box with a few beers, even the weather is letting us down with not hot enough to get in the pool.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:12 pm
A Returning Member!!

So is there anything in particular for New Years to do in Greenwith?
So far we have considered:
- heading down to Elder Park, either drive or get the free transport. Not sure we can bothered with the crowds though and the pain and grief of trying to get a beer or meal on NYE
- Heading to Semaphore beach, not sure whether it would be hoon town, plus we went down there on xmas day.

So, at this rate we will sit back and watch the box with a few beers, even the weather is letting us down with not hot enough to get in the pool.
Not been on line for a few weeks, hope you found something to do on New Years Eve!! Have you moved into your house now?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Yep just down from the shops at the top. Apart from the hoons you hear in the night along the hill we couldn't ask for a nicer quieter place to live. (glad we don't live near the road)

Golden Grove is 5 mins away, Tea Tree about 10-15 and the shops are good to just grab something.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:39 am
A Returning Member!!

Yep just down from the shops at the top. Apart from the hoons you hear in the night along the hill we couldn't ask for a nicer quieter place to live. (glad we don't live near the road)

Golden Grove is 5 mins away, Tea Tree about 10-15 and the shops are good to just grab something.

Friend of mine is up that end she said funnily enough yesterday that she had noticed the Hoons were worse than ever the last couple of months, we dont tend to hear them to much we are the other end so I guess we are lucky!

But seems from the state of the roads they are everywhere at some time or another!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.