Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you like it ?

Do you like it ?

Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Do you like it ?

One question has come to mind since I have started reading these threads.

There seems to be a lot of posts from people bitching about Australia and that they want to return to the UK. Are there any people posting to say that they actually like it there ?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you like it ?

Originally Posted by Chef69

There seems to be a lot of posts from people bitching about Australia and that they want to return to the UK. Are there any people posting to say that they actually like it there ?
ME
read my posts
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too! We're in Perth and we love it
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Mark1961 is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVE IT !!!!!! Been here 3 yrs, it was great when we arrived and still is
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:22 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

there u go, now what more could u ask for 3/3 aint bad
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:08 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dagboy wouldnt go back to the UK if you paid him .

(I tried it, still couldnt get rid of him . )
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we've been here for nearly 5 months. WE LOVE IT. We haven't had one thought about going back to the UK. We believe that people are more likely to return (this is our opinion) if they have very close family and friends and/or find it hard to get work. Also if they had lots of help with children. We are lucky that none of these factors have influenced us. Life is much the same for us.
PS-we were happy in the UK, except with the weather, I would rather be baked anyday.
Best wishes Karen
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:15 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Really like it here, but I was also quite happy in the UK (am here because of an Aussie partner).
There are things I miss, mainly people and food stuffs; but I'm making new friends and eating new things, so you can't complain too much
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:50 am
Phoenixuk2oz

We love it here too

Not been easy [emigrating rarely ever is] and we miss people .......but wouldn't change it for the world

If we ever get to hate it here [Aus] ...then rather than winge, we'll put ourselves out of our misery and move back. Simple as

It's not everyone's "cup o tea"...... but you'll never know unless you've tried

Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

6/7
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

not only do i like it..i love it!..but i will rarely talk about it on here
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:20 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by podgypossum
i dont mind talking about it on here. i just find it hard to put into words
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:24 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Well you should PP

Your posts are informative and balanced

Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Da Boss's pasties taste the same made with local ingredients here so guess I can put up with all the space, lack of traffic jams, space, polite & friendly shop assistants, space, smiling faces, space, clean surroundings (generally)....and did I mention space ?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:26 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
Da Boss's pasties taste the same made with local ingredients here so guess I can put up with all the space, lack of traffic jams, space, polite & friendly shop assistants, space, smiling faces, space, clean surroundings (generally)....and did I mention space ?
What about the space Bix....you forgot to mention this bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.