Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you get mosquitos in Perth ????

Do you get mosquitos in Perth ????

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you get mosquitos in Perth ????

Just come back from what will hopefully be our last European holiday in Bulgaria and I was bitten to pieces by the little b*st*rds !
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you get mosquitos in Perth ????

Originally Posted by elmtree
Just come back from what will hopefully be our last European holiday in Bulgaria and I was bitten to pieces by the little b*st*rds !
In the words of the song:

"You ain't seen nothing yet". :scared:
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Er .... do you mean "Yes, and then some" ????
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Er .... do you mean "Yes, and then some" ????
....and then some more.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
....and then some more.

....and then some more flies as well. If the mossies don't get you the flies will!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by NedKelly
....and then some more flies as well. If the mossies don't get you the flies will!
...and then the sandflies :scared:
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Please tell me about sandflies.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:44 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I got bitten to pieces when I went to Thailand, day and night whatever I used.

In Cyprus I didnt get bitten once.

I wonder if it depends on the country you visit?

When I was in QLD I got bitten initially but after a few days I didnt.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:53 pm
Bitter and twisted

Please tell me about sandflies.
Sandflies are not unique to Perth. They are just another creature that will bite you.

March (or Marsh) flies are even worse....when one of those bites you....you stay bit :scared:

One of the hazards of living in a warm climate.

Try doing a search on here and you will find lots of horror stories.

G
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
In the words of the song:

"You ain't seen nothing yet". :scared:
you put that so well I won't have to answer
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wonder if it depends on your skin or odour, as my OH and daughter didn't get bitten once but I had about 20+ bites.

Is it true that the closer to the coast you are the less prevalent they are ?

( Mind you, we were right by the coast in Bulgaria so perhaps that theory is bunkum )
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it depends on your skin or odour, as my OH and daughter didn't get bitten once but I had about 20+ bites.

( Mind you, we were right by the coast in Bulgaria so perhaps that theory is bunkum )
not sure, i get bitten to bits and have been bitten even with spray on - OH never gets a bite neither do my two boys
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

You may find this of interest:

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/biting%20flies.htm

G
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice.

ants, spiders, scorpions, midges and ticks, too.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I got bitten to pieces when I went to Thailand, day and night whatever I used.

In Cyprus I didnt get bitten once.

I wonder if it depends on the country you visit?

When I was in QLD I got bitten initially but after a few days I didnt.
We lived in Cyprus for a few years and although I was bitten a hell of a lot my OH was bitten daily. He was covered in bites all summer. Yet when we went to Perth, even though it was summer, neither of us was bitten once
Tracie

Last edited by breezeboylan; Aug 22nd 2006 at 10:30 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.