Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

do we need request for x.rays??

do we need request for x.rays??

Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Question do we need request for x.rays??

sorry but yet another question! i have just read a thread and it says about front loaded applications. we thought it would be a good idea to hurry along our application if possible! by getting police checks and medicals done so i phoned our local hospital to book for our chest x.rays and they say they need a request of some kind to do the x.ray, as we have already applied we cannot take our application form, so any ideas as to how we can get around this problem and get them done before they are requested?? thanks
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice
Default Re: do we need request for x.rays??

Originally Posted by island.girl
sorry but yet another question! i have just read a thread and it says about front loaded applications. we thought it would be a good idea to hurry along our application if possible! by getting police checks and medicals done so i phoned our local hospital to book for our chest x.rays and they say they need a request of some kind to do the x.ray, as we have already applied we cannot take our application form, so any ideas as to how we can get around this problem and get them done before they are requested?? thanks
You have to use a DIMIA approved panel doctor to do your medical evaluation. At that time s/he will refer you to a radiologist to do your x-rays.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Laurie1st
You have to use a DIMIA approved panel doctor to do your medical evaluation. At that time s/he will refer you to a radiologist to do your x-rays.
yes thankyou we have a list of approved docs and radiologists already but the docters say u hav to have the x.ray done first and take it to them when we hav the medical, but we live on an island and we can get the x.ray done at the local hospital but have to travel off the island for the actual medical. and the rubbish local hospital will not do the x.ray without request! its a joke
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by island.girl
yes thankyou we have a list of approved docs and radiologists already but the docters say u hav to have the x.ray done first and take it to them when we hav the medical, but we live on an island and we can get the x.ray done at the local hospital but have to travel off the island for the actual medical. and the rubbish local hospital will not do the x.ray without request! its a joke
Hmm...they are being difficult, aren't they? I'd ask the panel doctor to just fax a request to the hospital.

I think everyone's doctor does it a little differently, because I went to the doctor first, then to get the x-ray, then the radiologist sent the x-rays directly to the doctor.