Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do u think we will hear soon - meds/pc sent 1st Feb

Do u think we will hear soon - meds/pc sent 1st Feb

Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Question Do u think we will hear soon - meds/pc sent 1st Feb

Don't think I can play this 'waiting game' for much longer, driving myself mad!
We are one of those 136 PreJuly Applicants, that have had our patience tested - (and our will to live) for the past 20 years - oops sorry that's how long it feels, (main application Feb 2004).
I just hav to hang on in there, as our meds and pc's should now be being checked (posted 1st Feb 2005). Then it should be a request for the investment bond.
Has anyone else heard who is around this time frame?
I hav been checking this site and the timeline, and those that seem in the know, are those with agents, who are emailing CO's. Well we hav applied independantly, and i am frightened to chase, cos I would hate to upset them.
Is there a documented official response time. I hav seen lots of reference on here to a 4 - 8 week response but is that based on experiences rather than an official time?
Last time I was getting frustrated and concerned with not hearing, I created a thread on this site and recieved lots of encouragement and advise and then guess what, the next day a 'yellow envelope arrived' so can you all bring me luck again! Thanks Alot!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

WEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Do u think we will hear soon - meds/pc sent 1st Feb

Hi John,

I am almost the same timeline as you and just as frustrated i'm sure.
We lodged 136 on 08/04/04 but then went for a 137 in November. We received med/pcc requests on 23/12 and sent pcc on 21/01 and the meds were sent on 04/02.

I e-mailed our CO to confirm that she had received the pcc's and our new passport details on 08/02 as we had had conflicting tales from our agents and she replied on 10/02 saying that she was waiting on a cover letter for pcc which had not been sent. I sent it on 10/02 and waited.

I had noticed other people getting visa grant who were on approximately our timeline which was frustrating so I e-mailed again on 03/03to confirm that she had all the paperwork needed in order to process the application and I received an e-mail today which said...

'We have received some documents recently.I hope to review your file in the next few weeks. Please give it another 6 weeks and contact your agent if you haven't heard from them.'

I feel like a pre-july second class citizen, or maybe just a little fed up with this long tedious process.

Playing the waiting game..........Peter!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:52 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnkay
We are one of those 136 PreJuly Applicants, that have had our patience tested - (and our will to live) for the past 20 years - oops sorry that's how long it feels, (main application Feb 2004).
I just hav to hang on in there, as our meds and pc's should now be being checked (posted 1st Feb 2005). Then it should be a request for the investment bond.
I hav been checking this site and the timeline, and those that seem in the know, are those with agents, who are emailing CO's. Well we hav applied independantly, and i am frightened to chase, cos I would hate to upset them.
Is there a documented official response time. I hav seen lots of reference on here to a 4 - 8 week response but is that based on experiences rather than an official time?
Last time I was getting frustrated and concerned with not hearing, I created a thread on this site and recieved lots of encouragement and advise and then guess what, the next day a 'yellow envelope arrived' so can you all bring me luck again! Thanks Alot!
Hi johnkay,
Mystic Sarah says you have waited long enough . I command the powers that be request the bond on Friday. Hope that works for yah. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Do u think we will hear soon - meds/pc sent 1st Feb

Wow - the power of this site is amazing!
Guess what - the postman came this morning, meds and pc's must be ok as we hav been requested to send our investment bond - yippppeeee!
Now i am doing a headless chicken impression - don't know whether to laugh or cry, (done both actually)
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Do u think we will hear soon - meds/pc sent 1st Feb

Originally Posted by teach
Hi johnkay,
Mystic Sarah says you have waited long enough . I command the powers that be request the bond on Friday. Hope that works for yah. Good luck.
Sarah
Thanks Mystic Sarah - clearly even you are not aware of the great power you posess - yellow envelope arrived this morning! Thank you -
oh by the way - just going to do my lottery numbers for tonite - any ideas?
Old Mar 9th 2005, 4:12 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Mystic Sarah - clearly even you are not aware of the great power you posess - yellow envelope arrived this morning! Thank you -
oh by the way - just going to do my lottery numbers for tonite - any ideas?

Hi johnkay,
Fab news, I must be a little under the weather as I was 2 days out, lol. Ok my turn to use the power of this site. My phone call to say that we've got it will come tomorrow. 2, 4, 11, 24, 27, 39. Try those, you never know it could be you,
Sarah
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:25 pm
blossom

Hi johnkay,
Fab news, I must be a little under the weather as I was 2 days out, lol. Ok my turn to use the power of this site. My phone call to say that we've got it will come tomorrow. 2, 4, 11, 24, 27, 39. Try those, you never know it could be you,
Sarah

Now then Mystic Sarah, you've worked one miracle, how about another. Just reduced our house today by £15k, is it going to sell and WHENNNNNNNNNN !!?

blossom

Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:56 am
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by blossom
Now then Mystic Sarah, you've worked one miracle, how about another. Just reduced our house today by £15k, is it going to sell and WHENNNNNNNNNN !!?

blossom
Sorry blossom, I must be really off colour at the moment. My phone call didn't come but you will sell your house, just unable at this stage to say when! If I get back on form I'll give it another try, lol.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:09 pm
blossom

Sorry blossom, I must be really off colour at the moment. My phone call didn't come but you will sell your house, just unable at this stage to say when! If I get back on form I'll give it another try, lol.
Hugs
Sarah

Ah never mind, but I do look forward to the return of your recent successful form! LOL
Blossom