Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do they broadcast live cricket in the city where it's being played?

Do they broadcast live cricket in the city where it's being played?

Old Jan 1st 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

FutureOz2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do they broadcast live cricket in the city where it's being played?

I think I read somewhere that if a match isn't sold out, then it's not shown on TV in the city where it's being played

Watching coverage of Australia on Sky Sports there was mention that today we'll be broadcasting in Australia
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:43 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do they broadcast live cricket in the city where it's being played?

Originally Posted by FutureOz2016
I think I read somewhere that if a match isn't sold out, then it's not shown on TV in the city where it's being played

Watching coverage of Australia on Sky Sports there was mention that today we'll be broadcasting in Australia
I think its Melbourne and Sydney that show it on TV live for Test matches on 9. Most OD1 and Twenty/20 are live to but on foxtel
Old Jan 1st 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

FutureOz2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

I meant to say in the last line that 'today we'll be broadcasting in Victoria' during commentary in a match at the MCG!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say in the last line that 'today we'll be broadcasting in Victoria' during commentary in a match at the MCG!
They sometimes don't show the first day of a Test Match - certainly in Brisbane - supposedly because the think that will encourage more people to go to the match. Just a pain in the neck really though as it just winds up those people who are unable to go for whatever reason. Totally stupid practice, in my opinion.