Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

do solid plasterers need a licence before they can work in queensland please help

do solid plasterers need a licence before they can work in queensland please help

Old May 15th 2007, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

tony6524 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile do solid plasterers need a licence before they can work in queensland please help

hi we are going to brisbaine in november and my hubby is a solid plasterer,was just woundering if he needs a licence before he can work or is that just to become self employed,also does anyone know about what he would get paid a week.

i know that in western aus plasterers get up to 450 a day
Old May 15th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice
Default Re: do solid plasterers need a licence before they can work in queensland please hel

Originally Posted by tony6524
hi we are going to brisbaine in november and my hubby is a solid plasterer,was just woundering if he needs a licence before he can work or is that just to become self employed,also does anyone know about what he would get paid a week.

Is this different from a soft plasterer?
Old May 19th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Re: do solid plasterers need a licence before they can work in queensland please hel

up to 450 a day!!!!
you are in for a shock.a big one
Old May 19th 2007, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

tony6524 is an unknown quantity at this point

what do solid plasterers get paid,when i phoned a company in western australia they said they pay $1500 a week plus a car plus a phone
Old May 19th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=tony6524;4802956]what do solid plasterers get paid,when i phoned a company in western australia they said they pay $1500 a week plus a car plus a phone[/
$450 x 5 =2250 no way i work on million dollor homes and i get $1000 a week befor tax.
i make less than half than i did in the uk but i did not come for that.
sory if this is not what you would like to here.
Old May 19th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes you need a licence to work in qld but not in vic.
Old May 19th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=robert cowan;4803260]
what do solid plasterers get paid,when i phoned a company in western australia they said they pay $1500 a week plus a car plus a phone[/
$450 x 5 =2250 no way i work on million dollor homes and i get $1000 a week befor tax.
i make less than half than i did in the uk but i did not come for that.
sory if this is not what you would like to here.
Mate of mine in Adelaide is on 250 a day, does that sound about right ?

Robert, you getting any foreigners done yet ?
Old May 20th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=skyblue;4803533]
Originally Posted by robert cowan

Mate of mine in Adelaide is on 250 a day, does that sound about right ?

Robert, you getting any foreigners done yet ?
yes that sounds about right.

yes getting some got one coming up for next sat.
how are you going.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

what do solid plasterers get paid,when i phoned a company in western australia they said they pay $1500 a week plus a car plus a phone
what a load of bo**ocks he's in for a shock
Old May 20th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Catch
what a load of bo**ocks he's in for a shock
Old May 20th 2007, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

dairic is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the realistic figure for perth?
thanks
Old May 20th 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

RENDERER SOLID PLASTERER

GYPROCKER DRYLINER
QEENSLANDER
POM DINGO
DOG
QUEENSLAND
LICENCE

WESTERN AUSTRALIA NEW SOUTH WALES
NO LICENCE LICENCE
Sorry could not resist to add to the confusion have lived and worked in auss
as a plasterer gyprocker for years it varies state to state as most
aussie stay in there state so the apprentice training is localised to there
state as western australia to queensland is a different training base
sorry for the waffle could not resist as for lolly i would stay in wa as the dosh
at the moment is better for a tradesman than Queensland
Old May 20th 2007, 10:31 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he can work straight away, as long as he's working for a licenced contractor he doesn't need one himself.
If he wants his own gang later he'll then require a licence.

The award wage for a plasterer is the same as a that of a tiler = $670 bucks a week. That's about $17 bucks an hour.
A few companies pay over award wages, you get more as a casual.