Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do NOT spend your Tax Stimulus before you get it

Do NOT spend your Tax Stimulus before you get it

Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:41 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Do NOT spend your Tax Stimulus before you get it

Do NOT spend your Tax Stimulus payment before you get it .....

A report from yesterday......
19th March 2009

The $900 bonus to taxpayers could be in question

The Federal Government's $900 bonus to taxpayers could be in question after the High Court agreed to hear a challenge to the legality of the payment.

The case is set down to be heard for two days from March 30.

The Australian Taxation Office has told the High Court that if it is to stop printing cheques it needs to be told by the close of business on April 2.
Australian 2009 Financial Stimulus Package $950 and $900 payments

Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do NOT spend your Tax Stimulus before you get it

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Do NOT spend your Tax Stimulus payment before you get it .....

A report from yesterday......
19th March 2009

The $900 bonus to taxpayers could be in question

The Federal Government's $900 bonus to taxpayers could be in question after the High Court agreed to hear a challenge to the legality of the payment.

The case is set down to be heard for two days from March 30.

The Australian Taxation Office has told the High Court that if it is to stop printing cheques it needs to be told by the close of business on April 2.
Australian 2009 Financial Stimulus Package $950 and $900 payments
Ah, what a surprise......
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see it succeeding.

Guess what? just checked my bank account and 4 large has appeared, as if by magic!

I love this country.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:06 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

Guess what? just checked my bank account and 4 large has appeared, as if by magic!

I love this country.
Renth, i got two large last week and am waiting on the other two.

I was told to buy a large plasma TV...
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:08 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

This is how I'm going to spend some of it...

Just in time for my annual trip to Ningaloo Reef.
Attached Thumbnails Do NOT spend your Tax Stimulus before you get it-019_caribe.jpg  
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:02 am
ABCDiamond

I love this country.
That was your Centrelink Stimulus payment, not the Tax Stimulus payment, that one is yet to be paid, next month

I doubt it will happen either, but the High Court have obviously seen something that needs to be looked at before the payments are sent out.

If everything goes to plan, I am looking at a total of about $6,300 in rebates etc. Not bad, especially with just one child

Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:08 am
(It's not my real name)

$6,300 in rebates etc. Not bad, especially with just one child
How do you work that out? - $950 per child plus what, $900 or $950 for you and the Mrs, where does the rest come form?

Or are you including the tranche already paid a few months ago?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:16 am
ABCDiamond

How do you work that out? - $950 per child plus what, $900 or $950 for you and the Mrs, where does the rest come form?

There were a whole load of other extras in this stimulus that few people have mentioned...

I'm just claiming for those that I felt we could use.

Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We only got $900 for the family bit - should we have more?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:47 am
LAM
Forum Regular

LAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really niceLAM is just really nice

There were a whole load of other extras in this stimulus that few people have mentioned...

I'm just claiming for those that I felt we could use.
What else can you claim for?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:04 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
We only got $900 for the family bit - should we have more?
I think if you go to the Centrelink site it explains most of the bonus then you have to go to the ATO site for the last bit of info.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:22 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by LAM
What else can you claim for?
These are some of the relevant options that are listed on the new Household Stimulus Package:
$900 / $950 Tax Bonus for Working Australians
Single-Income Family Bonus
Assistance with Education - Back to School Bonus
Training and Learning Bonus
The Energy Efficient Homes Program (I am getting $2,800 from that one)
2009 Financial Stimulus Package

Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

That was your Centrelink Stimulus payment, not the Tax Stimulus payment, that one is yet to be paid, next month

I doubt it will happen either, but the High Court have obviously seen something that needs to be looked at before the payments are sent out.

If everything goes to plan, I am looking at a total of about $6,300 in rebates etc. Not bad, especially with just one child
$6300? What's your secret............

Sam
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:25 am
(It's not my real name)

These are some of the relevant options that are listed on the new Household Stimulus Package:
$900 / $950 Tax Bonus for Working Australians
Single-Income Family Bonus
Assistance with Education - Back to School Bonus
Training and Learning Bonus
The Energy Efficient Homes Program (I am getting $2,800 from that one)
2009 Financial Stimulus Package
There's nothing there about my canoe bonus, surely I'm entitled to that?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:58 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing there about my canoe bonus, surely I'm entitled to that?

for sure, but there will be no paddle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.