Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do not buy an Acer PC from Wow Sight n Sound Maroochy

Wikiposts

Do not buy an Acer PC from Wow Sight n Sound Maroochy

Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:20 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do not buy an Acer PC from Wow Sight n Sound Maroochy

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I have an Acer laptop that I have had for over 2 years and it's fine - never had a problem with it.
Same here.........had an Acer laptop for almost 3 years......no problems at all.....loved it so much I've just bought an Acer Desktop
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hard drives fail all the time?? Where did you get that from? I've ran an IT business for 6 years and had maybe 5 HD's fail.
Had four in the last six weeks ... same business as you ... 2 x Samsung, 1 x WD and one old Deathstar ...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:56 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Get a Mac, they just keep getting better and better.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Had four in the last six weeks ... same business as you ... 2 x Samsung, 1 x WD and one old Deathstar ...
Well how do you explain that then? I know there was a load of Fujitsu's a while back but I've never had a WD fail.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:10 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

I ordered a Hitachi 400 GB HD before i came out. DOA and had to send it back to Portsmouth. HD do go all the time. According to some it's getting worse as companies try to cut corners. After some of the take overs some HD's have had accoustic dampening parts removed, allegedly. Many people on several web forums will tell you the same. Hitachi bought out IBM after the so called Deathstar fiasco.

Seen a few PC's here and noticed they were all (the ones i seen) only had 256mb systen ram.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:15 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=kevinbloomfield;5451537]Hard drives fail all the time?? Where did you get that from? I've ran an IT business for 6 years and had maybe 5 HD's fail.
Anyway, it looks to me like tillysmum wants to buy a new laptop, I didn't see anything about a faulty HD.

Tillysmum said the HD packed up in the post mate, just trying to help out.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:25 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Smile Re: Do not buy an Acer PC from Wow Sight n Sound Maroochy

Hang on a minute,

Don't they have a sale of goods act? Like fit for purpose, or anything like that.

Or am I being naive here.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lenmil;5452586]
Hard drives fail all the time?? Where did you get that from? I've ran an IT business for 6 years and had maybe 5 HD's fail.
Anyway, it looks to me like tillysmum wants to buy a new laptop, I didn't see anything about a faulty HD.

Tillysmum said the HD packed up in the post mate, just trying to help out.
Did she? I just read it again and I still can't find it
Anyway, good on ya for trying to help
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:06 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Fact is that it seems all the crap comes to Australia to be sold, you'll see stuff advertised that was sold in the UK 2 or 3 years ago (they still see plasma TV's as cutting edge). Don't anyone be under the illusion that you'll get the latest technology here, you'll have to fly over to Hong Kong or Singapore for that.
We have had approx 5 hard drive failures ( catastrophic failure ) on 3 servers we run in 5 years, which isnt bad going for the amount of seek and find these damn things do..
On home PC's I have never had a hard drive failure... in 25 years !!!

They are undoubtedly the single most efficient and least replaced item in my opinion in any personal pc system..

More often than not, its bad architecture within the host machine, that causes conflicts with vital components.. more often its electrical issues, and heat humidity and ventillation
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:47 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I have an Acer laptop that I have had for over 2 years and it's fine - never had a problem with it.
Don't shoot the messenger.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:57 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

After our Toshiba packed in, we bought an Acer (after the Harvey Norman sales guy bigged it up) and what a pile of shit it is! Never again.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:59 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
After our Toshiba packed in, we bought an Acer (after the Harvey Norman sales guy bigged it up) and what a pile of shit it is! Never again.
Cheap tart.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:01 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

But do you use it?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi, you lot seem to know what you are talking about but please dont laugh at my stupid questions Will my computer from the UK work in Perth? It is only a year or so old and Compaqu preario? Also, will my daughters lap top work it is Mediom? thanks.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:10 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
Cheap tart.
TWAT!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.