Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do the Meds now????

Do the Meds now????

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:36 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do the Meds now????

Just wondering if we should do the Meds now and send them in rather than wait for the allocation of a CO ( whenever that may be) feeling like we are living in a time warp and cant organise anything. we even had a guaranteed buyer for the house but that has now passed us by as we dont yet have a Visa and never take anything for granted, best of it was we were offered £10k over what we could hope to sell for!

Anyway App was sent on 23rd May, delivered 26th May and got an Ack on 20th June so this has been 4/5 months now depending on what dates are used.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all
Default Re: Do the Meds now????

Hi Sunny Glesga
According to the ASPC they are processing applications received between 11 -18 April 2006 this week for MODL applications. Hopefully, you will receive a CO within the next 4 weeks - dont quote me though!!
What a shame you couldn't sell your house - especially as you were offered more than you wanted. Bodes well for when you put it on the market again though.
Unfortunately, we are not quite at that stage yet. Sent application on 17th August - still havent received acknowledgement.
Hope you hear soon.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:29 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi h1tvd,

I have been keeping an eye on the processing times, i was just wondering if i should do the meds now and send them in. I have read loads of posts where the PCC`s and meds have been frontloaded and they didnt get any word of a CO being allocated and went straight to Visa being granted.
you mentioned that your App was sent in August, what visa have you applied for and where are you planning to move to?

Originally Posted by h1tvd
Hi Sunny Glesga
According to the ASPC they are processing applications received between 11 -18 April 2006 this week for MODL applications. Hopefully, you will receive a CO within the next 4 weeks - dont quote me though!!
What a shame you couldn't sell your house - especially as you were offered more than you wanted. Bodes well for when you put it on the market again though.
Unfortunately, we are not quite at that stage yet. Sent application on 17th August - still havent received acknowledgement.
Hope you hear soon.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Hi h1tvd,

I have been keeping an eye on the processing times, i was just wondering if i should do the meds now and send them in. I have read loads of posts where the PCC`s and meds have been frontloaded and they didnt get any word of a CO being allocated and went straight to Visa being granted.
you mentioned that your App was sent in August, what visa have you applied for and where are you planning to move to?
Hi Sunny Glesga
Applied for 136 Modl. Hoping to move to Brisbane. We have already had our PCC done and are considering doing our medicals soon. Once we receive a reference number with our ack we will probably sent the meds and pcc together unrequested - can't do any harm(hopefully!)
Where you headed?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:58 pm
UK is Home

We did originally plan on moving to Sydney as i have a Brother over there but we were drawn to look at Perth by the thought of maybe buying somewhere outright or have just a small Mortgage. You probably been reading that the house and land prices in perth have gone crazy over the last 18 months or so, we did sit and think about how this would affect us but have decided to go with our gut feeling this time and head for Perth, probably with a big mortgage when we get there :scared:

We have also applied for a 136 Modl and were originally hoping to be there by Christmas but there was a bit of a stop and go period for the processing which looks like it has put everyone 1-2 months behind

I hope things move quickly for you

Hi Sunny Glesga
Applied for 136 Modl. Hoping to move to Brisbane. We have already had our PCC done and are considering doing our medicals soon. Once we receive a reference number with our ack we will probably sent the meds and pcc together unrequested - can't do any harm(hopefully!)
Where you headed?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:46 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Hi Sunny Glesga
Where you headed?
Hi there, In same boat here and come from the same town and hoping to move to brisbane. Dima received app. 15th august . heard 17th oct. acknowledged. Went for meds 17th oct. and sending pcc's in next week. The waiting's the pain isn't it
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:10 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Are time lines are almost identical...got our c/o today,sit tight,you've come this far,it will not be long now!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Just wondering if we should do the Meds now and send them in rather than wait for the allocation of a CO ( whenever that may be) feeling like we are living in a time warp and cant organise anything. we even had a guaranteed buyer for the house but that has now passed us by as we dont yet have a Visa and never take anything for granted, best of it was we were offered £10k over what we could hope to sell for!

Anyway App was sent on 23rd May, delivered 26th May and got an Ack on 20th June so this has been 4/5 months now depending on what dates are used.
I'm on a 139 visa, it was received by DIMA on 18th April, I had PCC's done on 10th Sept and I booked the Medical that day but booked it for a month later on 18th Oct, I got a CO on 9th Oct and the PCC's dropped on the mat on 10th Oct! (not bad timing there then!), we went for the Medical on the 18th and now everything is off to DIMA.

So I timed them for about a month before we received our CO (but had booked Medical for the same month).

Its all guess work at the end of the day!