Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To do list help please.

To do list help please.

Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:46 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default To do list help please.

Hi all
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, I have started on my to do list and was wondering if there is anyone that can give me hints and tips.
We have decided to sell the house with only 2 months in the UK left and am panicking a bit as I have never sold a house before. I have started my sort out list but do not have a clue about the house buying procedure or opening accounts getting a mortgage, tax file number or anything and I feel a bit blind. I have looked through so many threads on capital gains tax and other things my eyes got sore.
Could anyone help me out by PM me their to do lists that they are doing or anyone who has been there done that and has moved please help me, can you tell i'm a bit stressed.
Any help and links would be great.
Thanks, what would I do without you.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:35 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To do list help please.

Have you had a look at the to do list, etc that's a sticky at the top of this forum...?
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Hi all
I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, I have started on my to do list and was wondering if there is anyone that can give me hints and tips.
We have decided to sell the house with only 2 months in the UK left and am panicking a bit as I have never sold a house before. I have started my sort out list but do not have a clue about the house buying procedure or opening accounts getting a mortgage, tax file number or anything and I feel a bit blind. I have looked through so many threads on capital gains tax and other things my eyes got sore.
Could anyone help me out by PM me their to do lists that they are doing or anyone who has been there done that and has moved please help me, can you tell i'm a bit stressed.
Any help and links would be great.
Thanks, what would I do without you.
http://www.yellabrickroad.com/index.html
Follow this link and they do a count down bit tells you all you need to know.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Have you had a look at the to do list, etc that's a sticky at the top of this forum...?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774 is the link if you hanve't tracked it down yet
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:57 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774 is the link if you hanve't tracked it down yet
Thank-you I do not know how I missed that.
Thank-you Aus_bound I have just had a look at that site and bookmarked it.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Thank-you I do not know how I missed that.
Thank-you Aus_bound I have just had a look at that site and bookmarked it.
Me too!

This will keep us busy! Thanks.

Last edited by rightruccus; Jun 30th 2007 at 10:00 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:34 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

I'm an aussie who moved to the uK 3 years ago!

I decided I was moving and bought tickets - only giving myself 8 weeks to get everything done! My TO DO LIST was HUGE. I never thought of all the little things you have to do!!

I suggest just starting with what can be done now and keep going till everything is ticked off! Takes ages but try not to worry and it will all sort itself!!

I am in the process of moving home so just doing it all again in reverse......

now, advertise the cars, check.......cancel sky TV, check...........transfer money, check.......... organise shipping, check...........pack suff for storage,............oh stuff it, I'm off to the pub
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:41 pm
Lisa

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Hiya,

I'm an aussie who moved to the uK 3 years ago!

I decided I was moving and bought tickets - only giving myself 8 weeks to get everything done! My TO DO LIST was HUGE. I never thought of all the little things you have to do!!

I suggest just starting with what can be done now and keep going till everything is ticked off! Takes ages but try not to worry and it will all sort itself!!

I am in the process of moving home so just doing it all again in reverse......

now, advertise the cars, check.......cancel sky TV, check...........transfer money, check.......... organise shipping, check...........pack suff for storage,............oh stuff it, I'm off to the pub

Check

Thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?

that websites brill! why have i never found it

thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Great site, thanks