Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

do i take my motorbike?

do i take my motorbike?

Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

ausdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile do i take my motorbike?

hi all can anyone help, my hubby wants to know could he take his motorcross bike? if so how much is it gonna cost roughly? will it be worth it? cheers
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:29 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default Re: do i take my motorbike?

Originally Posted by ausdreamer
hi all can anyone help, my hubby wants to know could he take his motorcross bike? if so how much is it gonna cost roughly? will it be worth it? cheers
Take it that a bike will need to put in a case, and that will take about 2 cubic metres of container space. When I shipped mine, I thnk it was about 250-300 pounds a cubic metre. Plus about 100 to have the shipping case made. Then at the other end, import duty, costs to get it from the shippers home, expect to have to pay to get it steam cleaned.

Unless it is something very collectable or has sentimental value, I'd say it's better economic sense to sell and buy a new one over here. There are some deals on new bikes, been looking myself, it's just that I've already got too many toys.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I was planning on taking my bike over but the cost involved really made it unrealistic. Plus after reading some of the hassles that some folks on here have had I decided against it.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Bought all of ours ( road bikes) - no big dramas in WA, we just stuck them in our 20 ft container with the furntiure.

Crossers are big business here so buying another is no big deal to be honest.