Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do gooding PC Greenies

Do gooding PC Greenies

Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:42 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do gooding PC Greenies

I generally hear the comments "do gooder" greenies and PC mentioned by Alan Jones and John Laws. It is always in a derogatory manner. Personally I struggle to relate to what they are on about and think they are tossers.

Anyway lets have some debate.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:43 pm
WBB

Default Re: Do gooding PC Greenies

Originally posted by bondipom
I generally hear the comments "do gooder" greenies and PC mentioned by Alan Jones and John Laws. It is always in a derogatory manner. Personally I struggle to relate to what they are on about and think they are tossers.

who ?

Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Who dat?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 9:45 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by welshboybilly
who ?
You mean 'who are the tossers we're talking about?'

Well, BP, it WAS a bit ambiguous!
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:05 pm

John Laws and Alan Jones are the 2 biggest talk back radio hosts who seem to have a scary amount of political power for a bunch of idiots.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:08 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

John Laws and Alan Jones are the 2 biggest talk back radio hosts who seem to have a scary amount of political power for a bunch of idiots.
Ah, right. I don't know them - I listen to Sammy and Jason in the Morning, on Mix106.5!

You'd better give us some background - espec. for UK'ers who won't know them at all.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Given up on Oz radio completely. Resorted to recording Radio 4 programmes via the Internet and listening to them on a CD in the car.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:10 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by dracupg
Given up on Oz radio completely. Resorted to recording Radio 4 programmes via the Internet and listening to them on a CD in the car.
Bit of a bugger for the phone-ins, isn't it?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, and I missed the vote for the Sports Personality of the Year. Didn’t manage to register my vote for Tim Henman

Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:37 pm

www.johnlaws.com.au

He is a political and corrupt version of Terry Wogan.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 11:52 pm
I like kittens.

Well, most of this bit sounded okay, apart from 'learn humility by being humiliated, learn honesty by being cheated'. All of this lot happened to me as a kid.:

'Keeping the dream alive is all about hope for the next generation, and the generation after that - our children, our grandchildren, our great-grandchildren.

I'd really like for them to know about hand-me-down clothes and home-made ice-cream and leftover meat-loaf. My grandsons, I hope you learn humility by being humiliated. I hope you learn honesty by being cheated. I hope you learn to make your own bed, to mow the lawns, wash the car. I hope nobody gives you a brand new motor car when your 17. I hope you have a job by then. It will be good at least one time if you see a baby lamb born or see your old dog put to sleep.

I hope you get a black eye fighting for something that you believe in. I hope you have to share a bedroom with your younger brother - by the way it's alright to draw a line down the middle of the room. When he wants to crawl under the covers with you because he's scared, I hope you let him. I hope you have to walk uphill to school with your friends and I hope you live in a town where you can do it safely.

I hope you learn to dig in dirt. I hope you learn to play marbles and read books and I hope when you learn those new-fangled computers you also learn to add up and subtract in your bright little mind. I hope your friends give you a hard time when you have your first girlfriend, and I hope when you talk back to your mother you'll learn the taste of soap. I hope you skin your knee climbing mountains and burn your hand on the iron. May you feel sorrow at a funeral and may you feel absolute happiness on your birthday.

I hope your mother punishes you when you throw a cricket ball through a neighbour's window and I hope she hugs and kisses you at Christmas time when you buy her a bottle of the worst perfume money can buy.

These things I wish for you, tough times and disappointment, hard work and happiness.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:17 am

The bloke writes poetry and has some country music albums.

I remember when he was on about "snivel libertarians". You should turn him on for a laugh one day. He sings high praise for Telstra but what he doesn't say is that they are paying him $600,000 a year to do so.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:25 am
I like kittens.

The bloke writes poetry and has some country music albums.

I remember when he was on about "snivel libertarians". You should turn him on for a laugh one day. He sings high praise for Telstra but what he doesn't say is that they are paying him $600,000 a year to do so.
Well, shit, BP, it they paid ME $600K a year I'd praise'em, too!!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:29 am

Originally posted by downunderpom
Well, shit, BP, it they paid ME $600K a year I'd praise'em, too!!
I would do the same except there is the slight problem of impartiality and the illegality of what he has done.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 1:23 am

http://poetry.rotten.com/alan-jones/

I think the photo sums him up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.