British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Do Emirates stop at dubia & singapore ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/do-emirates-stop-dubia-singapore-278333/)

jwinch Jan 18th 2005 10:33 am

Do Emirates stop at dubia & singapore ?

My Mum has booked some flights with emirates through a travel agent who are telling her that emirates only have one stop in Dubai.

When i looked on the web site and on ebookers they appear to stop twice once in dubai then in singapore

Can anyone who has done this journey confirm this

Thanks

Grayling Jan 18th 2005 10:36 am

Re: Do Emirates stop at dubia & singapore ?

Originally Posted by jwinch
My Mum has booked some flights with emirates through a travel agent who are telling her that emirates only have one stop in Dubai.

When i looked on the web site and on ebookers they appear to stop twice once in dubai then in singapore

Thanks

Some flights do but there is now a direct connection from Dubai to Sydney (and maybe some other cities..not sure).

She is probably booked on a direct non stop flight.

G

jwinch Jan 18th 2005 10:38 am

Thanks she is flying into Brisbane

Originally Posted by Grayling
Some flights do but there is now a direct connection from Dubai to Sydney (and maybe some other cities..not sure).

She is probably booked on a direct non stop flight.

G

kmunce Jan 18th 2005 10:39 am

I flew with Emirates to Brisbane and back and we stopped at both - an hour or 2 at each.

Grayling Jan 18th 2005 10:42 am

Emirates are now using A340 aircraft which can do the flight from Dubai to Australia in one go so you need to check what type of plane she is on.

If the agent says non stop then that is probably what it is.

G

JJL family Jan 18th 2005 10:42 am

Thanks

we flew with emirates in august, and were told manchester/dubai/dubai/brisbane. but we then stopped in singapore for 1 hour..... you do not have to get off the plane though/ but you can if you want too.

lesley (jjl family)

G'Day Jan 18th 2005 10:49 am

Originally Posted by JJL family
we flew with emirates in august, and were told manchester/dubai/dubai/brisbane. but we then stopped in singapore for 1 hour..... you do not have to get off the plane though/ but you can if you want too.

lesley (jjl family)

Same here, we also stopped in Singapore although we were supposed to fly Johannesburg/Dubai/Dubai/Melbourne

Grayling Jan 18th 2005 10:54 am

Originally Posted by G'Day
Same here, we also stopped in Singapore although we were supposed to fly Johannesburg/Dubai/Dubai/Melbourne

I've just checked on My agent's website.

Emirates now fly A340 aircraft direct from Dubai to Sydney (Brisbane?)with NO stops.

Proably changed the schedule recently.

G

Grayling Jan 18th 2005 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Grayling
I've just checked on My agent's website.

Emirates now fly A340 aircraft direct from Dubai to Brisbane with NO stops.

Proably changed the schedule recently.

G

But some still do stop at Singapore :confused:

http://www.emirates.com/uk/index.asp

Best to check the flight number on the website

G

lynnlovessun Jan 18th 2005 11:18 am

We flew from Heathrow - Dubai - Singapore - Brisbane December 2003.

As Gryling says this might of changed due to different plane sizes - you would need to specifically book this route with a travel agent.

When we go I want to give dubai a miss as a stopover and visit singapore this time (stopped in Dubai the last time). The stop in singapore was only for refuelling but you could make it your stopover.

We want to fly Emirates from Glasgow airport this time to save the hassle of flying down to Heathrow.

I hope you get everything sorted!

Lynn :)

Grayling Jan 18th 2005 11:20 am

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
We flew from Heathrow - Dubai - Singapore - Brisbane December 2003.

As Gryling says this might of changed due to different plane sizes - you would need to specifically book this route with a travel agent.

When we go I want to give dubai a miss as a stopover and visit singapore this time (stopped in Dubai the last time). The stop in singapore was only for refuelling but you could make it your stopover.

We want to fly Emirates from Glasgow airport this time to save the hassle of flying down to Heathrow.

I hope you get everything sorted!

Lynn :)

The websites are a bit confusing (for me anyway). :confused:

It seems that flights to Sydney from Dubai are now non stop but others can vary.

G

jinxnkay Jan 18th 2005 11:42 am

Thanks

I flew with emirates to manchester in nov 2004 then back to brisbane 22 dec (last month)
both times the plane stopped in singapore to collect passengers refuel and give the plane a clean over.This takes about an hour.

my flight details didnt mention this either. I think this is because you dont actually change planes like you do when you get to Dubai. I stayed on but most people got off to stretch their legs.

you have to show your boarding pass again before take off whether you stay on or not.
(also if you leave your magazine or anything hanging around on your seat if you get off, the cleaners will throw it away)

OzTennis Jan 18th 2005 12:01 pm

As said Emirates operate 2 stop and 1 stop flights to east coast destinations. If you have one stop obviously that is in Dubai; if you have 2 stop it is in Dubai and Singapore. Emirates flies daily 2 stop and 1 stop to Melbourne. Ironically the stopover in Dubai is much longer for the 1 stop and it arrives some 6 hours later than the 2 stop flight (Melbourne anyway). You also have to pay more for most 1 stop flights and/or cheap fares are not available on the one stop flight. Emirates.com is a clear website. Just enter your airports at either end and some dates and 2 possible flights will come up - 1 stop and 2 stop. I don't know if the 1 stop is daily to Brissie though - it certainly is to Melbourne and Sydney.

OzTennis :)