Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIY or use a Migration Agent

DIY or use a Migration Agent

Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Wendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really niceWendy007 is just really nice
Smile DIY or use a Migration Agent

Just as the title says, can anyone give me advice on which way to go. I am having a nightmare with all the paperwork and wondered if anyone has had any experience of both. Planning to go on the MODL 136.

Thanks in advance Wendy
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DIY or use a Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Wendy007
Just as the title says, can anyone give me advice on which way to go. I am having a nightmare with all the paperwork and wondered if anyone has had any experience of both. Planning to go on the MODL 136.

Thanks in advance Wendy

Hi Wendy,

We have done it ourselves and I think if your case is straight forward then once you have done your skills assessment then that is the hardest part over. We have found the Visa process simple to complete yourself, our only stress has been caused by the sponsor process on the old 139 visa. Basically we have gone through the same as you with a sponsor bit tagged on the end. The main paperwork we found straightforward and getting meds and police checks done. The main advantage that I think you have by doing it yourself is that you have direct contact with your case officer whereas those who use an agent have the frustration of doing everything through a third party. Again this is if your case is straight forward, if you have your skills assessment done and you have no health issues then I would do it myself. Once the main form is in you have plenty of time to research the next bit (meds and police checks which are straightforward) on here.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:51 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY or use a Migration Agent

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi Wendy,

We have done it ourselves and I think if your case is straight forward then once you have done your skills assessment then that is the hardest part over. We have found the Visa process simple to complete yourself, our only stress has been caused by the sponsor process on the old 139 visa. Basically we have gone through the same as you with a sponsor bit tagged on the end. The main paperwork we found straightforward and getting meds and police checks done. The main advantage that I think you have by doing it yourself is that you have direct contact with your case officer whereas those who use an agent have the frustration of doing everything through a third party. Again this is if your case is straight forward, if you have your skills assessment done and you have no health issues then I would do it myself. Once the main form is in you have plenty of time to research the next bit (meds and police checks which are straightforward) on here.
We have done ours ourselves TRA passed and just waiting for lil kids passports to be returned then we can get VISA app sent woohoo.

And saved ourselves a small fortune

This time last year we were just talking about it !!!