Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Divorcee seeking........advice!

Divorcee seeking........advice!

Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Thommo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Divorcee seeking........advice!

HI, does anyone know about getting docs certified?

In particular my passport along with my other docs is in my maiden name but I was very foolish and got married and then I came to my senses and got divorced! I now still use my married name. Do I need to change my passport to my married name???

[ Yet another Nurse hoping to jump ship!!!!!!!]
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:05 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Divorcee seeking........advice!

Originally posted by Thommo
HI, does anyone know about getting docs certified?

In particular my passport along with my other docs is in my maiden name but I was very foolish and got married and then I came to my senses and got divorced! I now still use my married name. Do I need to change my passport to my married name???

[ Yet another Nurse hoping to jump ship!!!!!!!]
You're entitled to use your married name, even when divorced. But pick one or the other, and get all your 'official' docs in the one name. DIMIA get confused enough when it's straighforward! You don't want to confuse the poor buggers any more than necessary...

Come to think of it - this is a good excuse to 'reset to zero', and go back in time!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Thommo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Really confused

Thankyou for your reply but I`ll really confuse them then - I have a daughter to my ex hubbie, a new partner and a son to him, so that`s three surnames between us! Tell you the truth I think I`m looking for excuses to chicken out.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 9:25 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Really confused

Originally posted by Thommo
Thankyou for your reply but I`ll really confuse them then - I have a daughter to my ex hubbie, a new partner and a son to him, so that`s three surnames between us! Tell you the truth I think I`m looking for excuses to chicken out.
Better to realise that early on. It's your call......

Try doing a list of 'pros' and 'cons'. Then weigh them up. Putting it down on paper can help clarify your thinking. Get the rest of the family to do that, too. Then have a round-table chat.

Always used to do that in our family when I was growing up. As a kid I came up with some pretty dumb ideas, but came up with some beauts, too! "Out of the mouth of babes and innocents..."

Last edited by downunderpom; Mar 17th 2004 at 9:31 pm.