distances

Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default distances

Can anyone help.

I am trying to work out distances and travelling times etc between certain places to get an idea of where to look at possibly settling.

Mainly it is Mandurah to Fremantle.

I would hopefully be working nights so peak time travelling shouldn't be an issue.

Hope someone can help.

Claire
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:19 pm
kernowjmh23

Default Re: distances

Hi Claire

Did that trip while I was out there in Jan this year - Mandurah to Fremantle - at about 2pm. Took just under an hour - guess it would take about 45 mins or a bit longer if the roads were any quieter - not that they were busy anyway...

Hope that helps

Jon

Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:47 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: distances

Originally posted by claireg3
Can anyone help.

I am trying to work out distances and travelling times etc between certain places to get an idea of where to look at possibly settling.

Mainly it is Mandurah to Fremantle.

I would hopefully be working nights so peak time travelling shouldn't be an issue.

Hope someone can help.

Claire
Try this site out Claire could be of use to you http://www.whereis.com.au/search/result.jhtml?
Old May 5th 2003, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Mandurah, took the kids to Perth Zoo last week, travelled at peak time (7.30am) and it only took us an hour to get there. The first part of the journey was easy, hardly any traffic, until we hit the outskirts of Perth, a lot of traffic but it was all moving. On Sunday went from Mandurah to Perth Intl Airport, that took just one hour fifteen minutes. My husband drives to South Perth and back for work every day, a cinch compared to the journeys he used to do in England.

The freeway extension down to Mandurah is due to be completed by 2006 I think, this will reduce the driving time to about 40 minutes. They have just started work on the new railway station here, once the line is completed in 2007, that will get you to Perth in under an hour too.