Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Disinfecting garden furniture and shoes

Disinfecting garden furniture and shoes

Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all
Default Disinfecting garden furniture and shoes

Hi can anyone help here.

Has anybody had to disinfect things?

I havent got a clue what to do - I was going to use good old dettol - but checked a website and it's full of things I've never even heard of!!!!

Can anybody give me some advice? Shippers coming on Monday

Laura
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disinfecting garden furniture and shoes

Laura,

Jeyes fluid should do the trick (B&Q or Homebase). Seems to be what most peeps use for cleaning muck off. Stinks to the high heavens tho'.

Ann
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BertieB
Laura,

Jeyes fluid should do the trick (B&Q or Homebase). Seems to be what most peeps use for cleaning muck off. Stinks to the high heavens tho'.

Ann

Hey Ann

You are a star!!!!!

Do I need to do the bottom of my shoes that I wear day to day???

Laura
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
Hey Ann

You are a star!!!!!

Laura

Also - is it okay for me to take my solid oak coffee table and sideboard - it mentioned something about wood??

Laura
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ann

You are a star!!!!!

Laura
unless you're wearing them to the airport or bunging them in your case then, yes, I would give them a going over too. Have some jeyes in the garage waiting on us doing our cleaning - just wish we had the visa/house sale to go with it too.

Happy cleaning.

Ann
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

We've had the shippers round today. They recommended Jeyes fluid. Apparently the fact that it stinks is good coz it shows them at the other end you've made the effort to clean stuff.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Also - is it okay for me to take my solid oak coffee table and sideboard - it mentioned something about wood??

Laura
should not be a problem unless any evidence of woodworm.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Can I just add to this thread a quickie question.

My dining room furniture, table and 6 chairs, has "designer woodworm holes" in the body of the table and chairs, it's not real, just to make it look antiquated, does this pose a problem, at the Oz side of things?

Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4Reids
We've had the shippers round today. They recommended Jeyes fluid. Apparently the fact that it stinks is good coz it shows them at the other end you've made the effort to clean stuff.
I think that's one of the many myths existing on BE. Just because it stinks of Jeyes doesn't mean they won't look at things they want to.

Just make sure you remove traces of mud etc from outside stuff and don't have any plant material.

Check out the AQIS website or search for Mr Mover's posts.