Dish washers

Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:28 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Dish washers

Think its agreed front loadin washin machines are better than toploader ( is that not a band that is to loud and with words no one knows ) but .........
One thing I am looking forward to is getting a place that has room for a dish washer .
Should i buy here or there ?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:12 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dish washers

We just looked at dishwashers on the weekend (renovating, aheeeeeem, starting again, our kitchen), prices start at around $800, here they have water & energy ratings so you can make a better choice & parts will be easier to get. Warranty may also be a factor.

Also consider 2 other things. Not every aussie house has one or a spot for one, so if you bring one with you, you may end up with it stuck gathering dust in the garage if there is nowhere to put it. And secondly, if a house does have one, its normal for it to stay with the house, so you may end up with the one you bring stuck in the garage gathering dust (again!) as you'll have 2.

I would definitely wait til you get here.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:15 pm

Crickey left behind when you sell a house in oz !!!!
Any other "white goods " this happens to ?
Thanks Mrs Dagboy
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Crickey left behind when you sell a house in oz !!!!
Any other "white goods " this happens to ?
Thanks Mrs Dagboy
Its normal to leave the cooker & the dishwasher (at least here in Qld). Other whitegoods usually get taken.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:51 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Those toploading dishwashers are a right b******d
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by spalen
Those toploading dishwashers are a right b******d
I think the trade guys call that a sink
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:05 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I think the trade guys call that a sink
, you should be an estate agent , "this house comes complete with a top-loading dishwasher, very reliable, never breaks down"
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by spalen
I'm no plumber best we ask Rooksie is a toploader dishwasher a sink?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:10 pm

Last i heard Toploader were touring or had split up
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Yes many houses do come with dishwashers, so I would wait until you get here. We paid $899 for a stainless steel Lg top of the range jobby, I did some bargaining at Myers, they price match any other store! I have seen the real cheapo white ones for $450.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by tinaj
Yes many houses do come with dishwashers, so I would wait until you get here. We paid $899 for a stainless steel Lg top of the range jobby, I did some bargaining at Myers, they price match any other store! I have seen the real cheapo white ones for $450.
Looking likey wait till in the land o plenty cheers
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:33 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

well there was me all set to bring mine after leaving my last one at my old house wich was intergrated in to the kitchen i bought a freestanding one so i could take it where ever i went lol
im still gonna bring it and if i end up with 2 just means i gotta buy more dishes
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kelli28
well there was me all set to bring mine after leaving my last one at my old house wich was intergrated in to the kitchen i bought a freestanding one so i could take it where ever i went lol
im still gonna bring it and if i end up with 2 just means i gotta buy more dishes

If you have space bring it! We brought lots of stuff some of it we never used though. Our freezer still sits in the garge unused, we use the fridge though for beer!

If you buy an older house the dishwasher may be useless anyway, our one lasted 3 months then died
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:40 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaj
If you have space bring it! We brought lots of stuff some of it we never used though. Our freezer still sits in the garge unused, we use the fridge though for beer!

If you buy an older house the dishwasher may be useless anyway, our one lasted 3 months then died
yeah im just gonna stuff the container full still brining patio heater (might have to paint it to cover up rust first though) hope i can get gas for it over there as b&q is always sold out of it here
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:47 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by kelli28
yeah im just gonna stuff the container full still brining patio heater (might have to paint it to cover up rust first though) hope i can get gas for it over there as b&q is always sold out of it here

If there is one thign you can get here, almost at every corner, its Gas. Big bottles little bottles. Petrol Stations, B&Q type stores, everywhere... This is bbq country !.

You will not regret bringing that patio heater ;-) just off to buy one meself when rain stops

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.