Disaster!!!

Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

scallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nice
Default Disaster!!!

We're flying out on Thursday, signed contracts for house sale at our solicitors on Friday expecting to exchange and complete yesterday.
Nothing happened so my solicitor has been chasing all day yesterday and today.

We've now found that the buyers mortgage offer has been withdrawn at the last minute as he has failed to declare something on his application.

He is trying to get a new mortgage but the estate agent isn't hopeful. I'm now £500 out of pocket for conveyancing costs so far plus the costs of starting a new sale. My Estate agent is putting it back on the market today but it's going to be so much harder to sell an empty property when I'm abroad.

My solicitor is gobsmacked as it was the buyers solicitors who were pushing for the completion date.

We have no choice but to go and hope for the best. We desperately needed the $100k aud from the sale for our start up over there.
We have about £15kGBP so that will have to do until we get business up and running.

renting the property is not an option as my ex gets a cut of the profits and
there isn;t enough equity to up the mortgage and pay her off as well as take money with us.

Any advice would be useful.

regards
Neil
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:04 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disaster!!!

Really sorry to hear your news!!!

What a bummer right on the point of you leaving, but have to say that's the exact reason why i wont book our flights till we exchange, just in case :scared:

Hope it all gets sorted real quick and you re-sell the property

Karma on its way
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scallyuk
We're flying out on Thursday, signed contracts for house sale at our solicitors on Friday expecting to exchange and complete yesterday.

We've now found that the buyers mortgage offer has been withdrawn at the last minute as he has failed to declare something on his application.

He is trying to get a new mortgage but the estate agent isn't hopeful. I'm now £500 out of pocket for conveyancing costs so far plus the costs of starting a new sale. My Estate agent is putting it back on the market today but it's going to be so much harder to sell an empty property when I'm abroad.

My solicitor is gobsmacked as it was the buyers solicitors who were pushing for the completion date.

We have no choice but to go and hope for the best. We desperately needed the $100k aud from the sale for our start up over there.
We have about £15kGBP so that will have to do until we get business up and running.

there isn;t enough equity to up the mortgage and pay her off as well as take money with us.

regards
Neil
WOW WHAT A SHOCK FOR YOU
Just wanted to say i hope the people who have done this toyou get all that is due to them.Read so many threads like this one. We are in the process of selling and have only had 3 visits in 9 weeks. So frustrating this emigrating lark. Wish u all the best when u get there
Raven
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future
Red face Re: Disaster!!!

regards
Neil

hi, sorry to hear the shitty news.
you might not have to pay conveyancing costs as the house sale hasn't gone through. Also you could try & sell yourself with the help of a family member. I used an interne t company & sold without agent, even though i was using as agent as well.
their site address is
http://www.mypropertyforsale.co.uk
cost £140.

good luck anyway

simon
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

scallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nicescallyuk is just really nice

Thanks guys.
We thought it was too good to be true when it all seemed to be going so well and then when our container was picked up properly on Friday all our futures seemed to be ahead of us.

Never mind we just have to tell ourselves that it will work itself out.

regards

Neil
Old Aug 15th 2006, 5:56 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

regards
Neil
Neil, I don't have any advice to offer you but I'm so desperately sorry to hear what's happened. Hope it doesn't take too long before you have a new buyer - and that this one isn't so bloody stupid as to lie on their mortgage application.

Rgds,

Nicky
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

regards
Neil
What a nightmare. Hope everything turns out okay for you.

Scotschick
Old Aug 15th 2006, 6:39 pm
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold

so sorry to hear your frustrating news, we're just beginning our own 'sale agreed' nightmare.....

Just try to believe - It will happen... have faith
keep your chins up!

cheers, Lynda & David
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Don't you at least get their deposit?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Well I woudl have thought so but it appears his solicitor was supposed to send it friday night but it never arrived.

It's getting wierder , his solicitor will no longer reply to any queries from mine, the buyer won't speak to the estate agent or his Mortgage broker.
His broker won't speak to the estate agent or my solicitor.

We've got letters from his solicitor saying that his client "had instructed" them to complete on Monday but when my solicitor spoke to the other conveynacing clerk they had no record of any contact between them and the client since June.

Sounds suspiciously like some sort of Attempted Fraud/Money Laundering to me.
We'll be speaking to the law society and asking for compensation following maladminstration on the other parties side.
Nothing more I can do though

N
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Sorry to Hear about your bad new

I'm now £500 out of pocket for conveyancing costs so far plus the costs of starting a new sale. My Estate agent is putting it back on the market today but it's going to be so much harder to sell an empty property when I'm abroad.

However the good news is that selling and buying property in Aus is easy. and in situations like this you can claim back all your expenses from the buyer if they can't sign.

Buying a house in Oz goes like this

Day 1) Find a house, get a copy of the contract and agree price
Day 2) Hand contract over to solicitors
Day 3)Sign contract and pay deposit. Once the contract is sign and they are usually signed very early in the process. You are committeed to buying the property. Unless you have clauses in the contract.
About 30+ days later you exchange. If for some reason either side can't exchange then you can kick off a process to force to exchange. If this doesn't happen then either party can the seek compensation.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 1:24 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

regards
Neil
The exact same thing happened to me last year, I had to delay my departure because my buyers mortgage offer fell through at the last minute. thankfully, we knew each other from beyond the house sale, so it was OK in the end, and she sorted it out, but it did take several extra months.

One thing though, my conveyancers offered a 'No completion - No fee' insurance for their services for £30, which in my opinion was worth it's weight in gold, as I would have had to pay out two lots of fees for when I eventually completed. I cannot recommend them more highly - Legalco property lawyers. Do a search on the web if you're interested. Saved me a fortune in wasted fees.

S
Old Aug 16th 2006, 2:10 am
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute

regards
Neil

I really do feel for you , so i hope i can put your mind at rest (just a little)
We sold a empty house a few years back an it went in a matter of weeks.
I know people are always saying dress the room, paint it this colour etc but the bottom line is if some one wants your type of house in your area you will sell it. I wish you all the the best. Keep going, stay focused on your goals an you will get there

Last edited by Mysterio; Aug 16th 2006 at 2:14 am.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 3:18 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds suspiciously like some sort of Attempted Fraud/Money Laundering to me.
We'll be speaking to the law society and asking for compensation following maladminstration on the other parties side.
Nothing more I can do though

N
Oh Neil, this absolutely sucks and I am really sorry to hear this.

FWIW, I think the money you have will be plenty to get settled until you start work, just as long as you look really hard for a cheaper car (some get sold on Expats because people return to the UK, so look for a bargain!) as they tend to be expensive.

Good luck with everything. Where are you headed? If you're out this way, let us know and if we can help with anything, let us know.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Have handed Power of Attorney to my Bro who'll look after this end for me.

We're going to make the best of it. At least my other half's a Brissie girl so we can stay with my in laws indefinitely - not the preferred scenario but anythings better than having to stay here.

The kids are desperate to stay at grannie's anyway so they won't care.

Anyone around Caboolture wants to say hello over a beer or two let me know.

cheers

Neil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.