Disaster!!!!!

Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:34 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Disaster!!!!!

came back from the uk at the weekend stocked up with marmite.

smashed a brand new jar on the kitchen floor this morning.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta try and sift the glass out of what i managed to save tonight. anyone have any bright ideas?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:54 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Disaster!!!!!

Originally Posted by brisnick
came back from the uk at the weekend stocked up with marmite.

smashed a brand new jar on the kitchen floor this morning.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta try and sift the glass out of what i managed to save tonight. anyone have any bright ideas?
This might just work....?
Scoop it up and put it in a sieve.
Over a bowl, pour boiling water through the marmite and glass.
This should dissolve the marmite so it passes through with the water, leaving the glass in the sieve.
In your bowl you'll have a hot watery marmite concoction.
Stick it in the fridge.
As it cools the water won't be able to hold on to the marmite and the brown stuff will sink to the bottom?
Ladle out the water and you'll be left with the precious marmite.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:57 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

No way, you've got to be kidding! You would risk eating glass shards? Chuck it in the bin, you can buy marmite here FGS! :scared:
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I agree with Mrs Dagboy that sounds way to dangerous. I am not even sure marmite is worth the risk. You can buy marmite here from one of the big supermarkets, my sister know which one, you can pm and I will ask her if you don't know.

Katie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I agree with Mrs Dagboy that sounds way to dangerous. I am not even sure marmite is worth the risk. You can buy marmite here from one of the big supermarkets, my sister know which one, you can pm and I will ask her if you don't know.

Katie
Yes you can buy it in Brissie, but I still think it would be fun to do my experiment.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:32 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar

Katie
I've heard the marmite you buy here is not the same even though it's in the same jar...
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:39 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Galah
I've heard the marmite you buy here is not the same even though it's in the same jar...
Its the same, plenty of British & other shops sell it.

Just costs a bit more, but its gotta be better than eating glass shards .

J&C, I like your idea of "fun"
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

It is called something different like my mate. But the jar looks the same, my sister, who is a conissuer of all yeast extract products reckons it is the same. The wench bought me a jar, then proceeded to eat it all, when she stayed with me for a few days. :scared:

Katie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, My Mate is the real McCoy.

They can't call it Marmite because of the inferior Kiwi product. Look at the label on the MyMate jar and see it's made in the same place in the UK as Marmite. It's the same stuff.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:41 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Both our local supermarkets (wellington point and ormiston) sell it, same shape/colour jar but called my mate, $3.90 for a medium sized jar, is exactly the same, please dont eat glass!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 3:53 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i think i'll try the experiment tonight.

i know you can get it in chocolate boulevard in the myer centre, but it's so expensive. damn, why do those supermarkets have to be so far away... (an hour and a half round trip for marmite is desperate...).

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Both our local supermarkets (wellington point and ormiston) sell it, same shape/colour jar but called my mate, $3.90 for a medium sized jar, is exactly the same, please dont eat glass!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:25 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=brisnick]i think i'll try the experiment tonight.

Thats the spirit !!!

The true British sense of adventure
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:37 am
Rocket Scientist

why do those supermarkets have to be so far away... (an hour and a half round trip for marmite is desperate...).
Not as desperate as flying half way around the world for it & then eating glass .
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:38 am

[QUOTE=Del Boy]
i think i'll try the experiment tonight.

Thats the spirit !!!

The true British sense of adventure
And if the water seperation bit doesn't work you can always sell it as high quality engine oil.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Galah
Its exactly the same! I love marmite, and lived off My Mate over there! Everyone said its expensive in aus, but it's bloody expensive here too! Just chuck it and buy some more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.