Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Disappointing weather

Disappointing weather

Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default Disappointing weather

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queens...110-17n77.html

Been here 7 days and not seen much sun. Today at Manly i even wanted a coat. Oh and there has been tremendous rain.

Check out the poor weather using the above link...
Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disappointing weather

Originally Posted by heldownunder

Been here 7 days and not seen much sun. Today at Manly i even wanted a coat. Oh and there has been tremendous rain.

Yes been a bizarre year and more to come. You picked a great year to arrive....the worst for a long time

Oh, BTW, I don't think you have seen "tremendous rain" yet
Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in Brisbane for a few weeks now. I'm quite enjoying the unusually cool weather as it's good for walking around/exploring. Helddownunder - I suspect we'll be wishing for more of this cool weather when we get to experience the usual heat/humidity that Brisbane has to offer!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't need to check out the link, we've been living the disappointing weather all year. Tremendous rain? You ain't seen nothing yet!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuie83
I've been in Brisbane for a few weeks now. I'm quite enjoying the unusually cool weather as it's good for walking around/exploring. Helddownunder - I suspect we'll be wishing for more of this cool weather when we get to experience the usual heat/humidity that Brisbane has to offer!
Quite, summer is coming. What has been disappointing is that our best time of year, winter/early spring was nothing like normal....all cold rain and overcast and weird Melbourne type stuff...
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

La Nina is responsible apparently?
I never did like that nina anyway!

Nice few days in Cairns but bl&&dy hot today!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:17 pm
ABCDiamond

As has been said, one day you will come to like this weather

Some excerpts from the link (for those who don't click on the links):
  • With just three weeks until summer, the city has not recorded a single day over 30 degrees for six months.
  • The number of wet days has been almost double, and September and October both recorded record rainfall. September had 12 rainy days, compared to the average of eight, while 18 days in October were wet, compared to the normal nine days.
  • Both September and October recorded average monthly maximum temperatures of 24.8 degrees. That was 0.9 degrees below the long-term average for September, and 2.3 degrees lower for October.

Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

It has been nice weather to acclimatise plus with all the hecticness of the first few days...
But it would be nice to have a beer in the evening in the sun.

I know rain will get worse but last thursday was quite horrendous... Especially as we had to go in the city.

Wait for my moaning post about how to stay cool in the humidity!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

However bad it is in Brisbane it doesn't compare to Gloucestershire.

Monday morning was a complete mare.

Dank, grey, cold, windy and lashings of rain. At least it's only Autumn!!!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

And I was hoping to come to Brissy, buy a bike and stay driving around in the sun!!!

Oh well, I need a good bike suit then

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Nov 10th 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

The aussies that I know celebrate the rain....they love it!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by medwaymark
The aussies that I know celebrate the rain....they love it!
They'd probably enjoy Gloucestershire!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B1K3R
And I was hoping to come to Brissy, buy a bike and stay driving around in the sun!!!

Oh well, I need a good bike suit then

Cheers
B!K3R

Nah the only biker I've seen with full protective garb on was a cop yesterday afternoon.

The locals just wear normal clothes and a helmet. Not even gloves!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:03 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuie83
Damn straight, give me mud over melanoma any day.

Ah well, only 6 months or so and the mossies will ease up ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.