Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dints in the carpet !!!!!!!

dints in the carpet !!!!!!!

Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:17 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default dints in the carpet !!!!!!!

Here's a tester for all you "old wives",

we're about to move apartment, when you move your furniture you always have those unsightly dints in the carpet where the furniture feet have been....................anyone know the best way of restoring the carpet to near perfect so they aren't as obvious...........

Let me know.....someone once told me to put an ice cube on them...??????
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: dints in the carpet !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kiwiloverjohn
Here's a tester for all you "old wives",

we're about to move apartment, when you move your furniture you always have those unsightly dints in the carpet where the furniture feet have been....................anyone know the best way of restoring the carpet to near perfect so they aren't as obvious...........

Let me know.....someone once told me to put an ice cube on them...??????
I've used an ice cube, and it does work!

God only knows the science behind it. Let the ice cube melt and then dry out and the carpet fluffs up. Its not perfect, but less noticeable once you have vacuumed.

Sorry but I seem kinda sad replying to this.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:49 am
Scottish member

goodfellauk will become famous soon enough

buy a new carpet lol
Old Jul 12th 2005, 11:24 am
ABCDiamond

http://lexingtonpaint.com/howto/carpets.htm

Question:
How do I remove the indentations in my carpet that are there as a result of my furniture sitting in a single place for an extended period of time? I recently rearranged the furniture in a room, and now have these strange indentations (marks) in my carpet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Answer From The Home Doctor:
I see that you are not the only one that moves furniture around. My spouse likes to rearrange about everyother week. Heavy furniture on carpet poses a problem, in that the constant weight crushes the pile& makes it difficult for it to recover from it. Most carpet yarns today are much better in returning back to their original form, but if they do not, it 's important to note that most carpet warranties don't cover this. One way to help remove these indentations is to take a white towel & slightly dampen it with water & lay it over the mark. Next, take a common steam iron & iron it. The steam will sometimes cause the fiber to expand & stand back up. If this does not work, you may want to hire a professional cleaner. Some of these carpet cleaners can steam it out with their heavier equipment. If this does not work, all I can say is don't move the furniture. On a final note, most people put the blame solely on the carpet, but in fact it is the padding that really fails the test of heavy furniture. If the pad crushes under the weight, the carpet is sure to follow. Newer pads out now,(10 lb. solid foams) will resist the urge to indent in the first place.

Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:33 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

The ice trick is defo the only thing i've known to work, chuck some ice on and leave it overnight, next morning give it a hoover and your sorted, unless of course your furniture was the weight of a large elephant, then your stuffed!

Lynn