Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIMIA links to this forum?

DIMIA links to this forum?

Old Aug 1st 2002, 12:02 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default DIMIA links to this forum?

As well as promoting we migration agents as a source of visa assistance it seems to me that someone should ask the Department of Immigration (in the UK at least) to include reference to this forum as a source of informal advice and support in DIMIA literature and on their website.

All those in favour ...??

Best regards.

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.com and
http://www.collettandco.co.uk
Offices in Southampton, England and Melbourne, Australia
Old Aug 1st 2002, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

I'm wholly in favour.

I didn't need to use an Immigration Consultant as my case was so straightforward. Even so, I've still needed advice (and often a bit of reassurance) and this site has been superb for that. Things would have been a lot more difficult for me without this site.

Plus, its a good laugh too !

Gareth W
Old Aug 1st 2002, 12:17 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

me too...I consider myself very lucky to have found this site .

if it wasnt for browsing the web and finding go matilda i wouldnt have found you lot...yeah a real laugh sometimes too

and ive made a number of very nice new friends....thanks a lot to alan collett!!!!

Old Aug 1st 2002, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default second that.

All those in favour ...??
eye.eye. look im holding my hand up in the air alan,also they should link us into the where the PR applications are upto computer=i wish. 13 months & 1 day now and my agents tracking PR thingy says that it still could be another 4-5 months eeck.
need to sell the house for investment points but i want the pre grant letter first. or should i go for it ?.
come on team 1 london.
yours tipper
Old Aug 1st 2002, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hip hip, couldn`t agree more, fantastic source of info and so many helpful souls and some good banter going on too.
We used an agent, but there`s so many helpful links in this NG we have had lots of Q`s answered about the little things and saved on phone calls.

Thanks to Alan and his Go Matilda site

Paul
Old Aug 1st 2002, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

By the way.

Lord knows how people emigrated before the Internet/email age.
I've got info on everything from climate, careers, visas, property, sport, beer etc etc all via the internet and I've been in email contact with dozens of people. I've also got access to a web cam that lets me watch the sun set on Fremantle Harbour from my desk at work. Shouldn't really mention that but I'm working my last couple of weeks of notice period so what the hell......

So I'll just put my "IT Saddo" hat on and say hurray for the Internet !
Old Aug 1st 2002, 2:46 pm
ndaltonb

Alan,

You've got my vote too. Can't imagine what it must be like for those who havn't found this ng. Keeps me sane

nigel db

Old Aug 1st 2002, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default me too

hi alan thats a bloody good idea, yourself, george and jaj are a great help to everyone, and im sure you lot are only too aware that some people would love the use of an agent but for many reasons cannot. on top of that the everyday commrardery of the people who are waiting, many for what must seem an endless time, is a great comfort and an endless resource to others.
ill get my e.mail off shaun and lor
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a great idea!

I also agree with Tipper that "they should link us into the where the PR applications are upto in the computer". They could set up a site which you could enter with a password/your reference number and it wouldn’t have to be so detailed at all, maybe just showing the stage you are in.

I think that would spare them a lot of telephone and e-mail enquiries. I think I read that the assessing agency Vetassess has already done something like that.

Nina
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

Great Idea Allan, i like a lot of people stumbled on this by mistake but have found the info invaluable even though i am using an agent.

Cheers
Jamie
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 7:22 am
pap
Forum Regular

pap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re

This is a great platform to discuss issues that one is ever so confused about ... learn so much about the whole process.

I have only recently joined the forum ... but the subjects that are posted here have got me thinking about so many issues that I had no clue about.

Very Informative .... I have told all my friends about it already..by having it linked with the DIMA website , we can surely grow in number and more people can take advantage of this "free for all"
discussion forum !

Cheers
Pap
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

Definalty agree, we sent off our application before we found this site. We had so many niggling questions but didn't know who to turn to, the week we found the site just about every topic we had a question came up.
It is great to hear of peoples experiences and opions, and at least know we are not alone.
Paul, Annie & Jack
Old Aug 5th 2002, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

WARDY is an unknown quantity at this point

link to DIMA - excellent idea

like a lot of other people, I found this link almost by mistake, and after we had sent off our application. I was searching for information about processing times...
wish I had found it earlier, but I suppose better late than never!

Caryn & Tony