Dilemma

Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:01 am
MOGGY

MOOGTHEFOOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dilemma

Hi everyone
Need some serious advise. My self, wife, and 6year old son have recently got our visas ( happy days ). The big problem is we also have an 18 year old son, who at the start of the process did not want to come, so has not got a visa.
Well in true teenager style he as now decided he wants to come, which of course is now to difficult for the wife to leave with out him.
I know we could get him a 12 month working/holiday visa, which solves the problem in the short term, but does anyone know of any other ideas that i am not aware of.
He can't get a perminent visa on his own because he does'nt have any of the skills required by aus.

Any advise would be great, as this could be a big stumbling block for my family.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:05 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dilemma

Originally Posted by MOOGTHEFOOD
Hi everyone
Need some serious advise. My self, wife, and 6year old son have recently got our visas ( happy days ). The big problem is we also have an 18 year old son, who at the start of the process did not want to come, so has not got a visa.
Well in true teenager style he as now decided he wants to come, which of course is now to difficult for the wife to leave with out him.
I know we could get him a 12 month working/holiday visa, which solves the problem in the short term, but does anyone know of any other ideas that i am not aware of.
He can't get a perminent visa on his own because he does'nt have any of the skills required by aus.

Any advise would be great, as this could be a big stumbling block for my family.
i would post in the Immigration sub-forum , you may quicker response & also some agents post there.

good luck

s.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:14 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Perhaps you should look into getting him a "balance of family visa" and get him the working/holiday visa while its being sorted out.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:17 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps a student visa would be appropriate if reskilling into some Australian career and then go for PR on the back of that after.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

hi there, we are in the same boat, but with a major problem. We have got our visas, excellent job offer, flights booked etc, but we have been told at 11th hour that our daughter 21 who lives with us, cannot have a Visa. Although she is a Beauty Theropist (spelling), she is not on the skilled list and can only get a working holiday visa 12 month, and if finds work can only stay 5 years or marry an OZ guy. This is a major shock to us and the wife. Although she will leave her initally we wanted the option that she could join us at a later date. I dont think we will go now, as family comes first. This bombshell has also brought up things, like is the UK that bad and whats so good about OZ. We live in Devon near the beaches and moors, and have both got good jobs, well I only work 5 months of the year. We were off to Sydney and the job I was going to do, would mean leaving the wife on her own for long periods (we dont know anyone out there) and Sydney sounds so hetic and you need to commute which we dont do here. This is a major crisis for us and we know how you feel! We have got our health I say, but we are close with our daughter and if she cant join us, whats the point. What do you all think and good luck.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

Hi everyone

I MAY BE Wrong BUT ...
... i am sure that if he is still a dependant therefor relies on you for financial and living and under 25 i think take a look at this http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami.../101/index.htm so i'm sure they are eligable But you may have to be there first hope it offers a little glimmer of hope

Last edited by sam mick kurt; Jun 9th 2007 at 10:00 am. Reason: COULDN'T SPELL
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:14 am
Just Joined

millsde is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Dilemma

Hi

From what you say about your life in England it sounds great, Devon is a beautiful part of England, I would think very carefully about your move to OZ, If I would have had a crystal ball I dont know truly if I would be here.

I can also say that I think the older you get the harder it is, not only to be leaving your country but also starting with a new job, we were very well established in england due to our ages both in eary 40's and we have found it hard to get established again, and also to take up new positions, we may speak the same language but their is a difference between OZ and England.

Sorry I dont want to put you off but you asked and I wanted to be honest with you.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by millsde
Hi

From what you say about your life in England it sounds great, Devon is a beautiful part of England, I would think very carefully about your move to OZ, If I would have had a crystal ball I dont know truly if I would be here.

I can also say that I think the older you get the harder it is, not only to be leaving your country but also starting with a new job, we were very well established in england due to our ages both in eary 40's and we have found it hard to get established again, and also to take up new positions, we may speak the same language but their is a difference between OZ and England.

Sorry I dont want to put you off but you asked and I wanted to be honest with you.

Mmm, I thought they asked about how to get their son a visa.

Yep, I'm pretty sure they didn't ask if they should move or not.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Try this page: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/33child.htm

I'd also suggest you speak to an agent about this.

Did your son have medicals?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:31 am
Just Joined

My reply was directed at kimalan.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimalan
hi there, we are in the same boat, but with a major problem. We have got our visas, excellent job offer, flights booked etc, but we have been told at 11th hour that our daughter 21 who lives with us, cannot have a Visa. Although she is a Beauty Theropist (spelling), she is not on the skilled list and can only get a working holiday visa 12 month, and if finds work can only stay 5 years or marry an OZ guy. This is a major shock to us and the wife. Although she will leave her initally we wanted the option that she could join us at a later date. I dont think we will go now, as family comes first. This bombshell has also brought up things, like is the UK that bad and whats so good about OZ. We live in Devon near the beaches and moors, and have both got good jobs, well I only work 5 months of the year. We were off to Sydney and the job I was going to do, would mean leaving the wife on her own for long periods (we dont know anyone out there) and Sydney sounds so hetic and you need to commute which we dont do here. This is a major crisis for us and we know how you feel! We have got our health I say, but we are close with our daughter and if she cant join us, whats the point. What do you all think and good luck.
There are ways for her to get in. Go and talk to a couple of migration agents, they will be able to help you.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by millsde
My reply was directed at kimalan.

Ah, sorry.

It's because their reply wasn't quoted I presumed you were talking to the original poster.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimalan

What about a student visa, studying hairdressing? That's on the skilled list and could perhaps get here in on her own merits.

I agree with the other poster though, get advice from a GOOD agent and/or ask on the immigration part of the forum
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

thank you all for your mail it is really nice to see that this site works and there are some great people around. there may be a glimmer of hope, as her fella (my daughter 21), is a boat builder and has 5 years experience and what the plan will be, is for them to come out for a long holiday and if they enjoy it, take things from there.

can i also ask people about the wages, i will be starting on $67000 is that a good wage?, plus i earn £600 a month pension which i receive for ever (military pension), also my wife is a recruitment consultant so hopefully she will get a job (is there jobs around)?.

when i say my current UK job is good, it is ok but not what i want to do, police officer and without being rude i am sick of the immigration problem and think what the UK will be like in 10/20 years time.

Any veiws on the above gang!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Dilemma

Hi Kimalan

Glad to hear you have things more sorted.

with regard to cost of living, we dont really find it any cheaper then the UK really, this is because we have children, one in high school, getting ready to go to UNI and the other in Primary, Not sure if you have school children. But here you have to pay for school books and yearly levies to the school, also the dental work is pretty expensive so make sure you both have your teeth done before coming here, we had only been here a few weeks and my daughter started complaining of tooth ache, so a visit to the dentist ended up costing us $900.00.

I live in melbourne as well so not sure about sydney, but what I did before coming out, I checked the realestate.com.au website for housing costs to buy and to rent, also I checked the car sales websites, supermarket websites here its coles and safeway, this gave me an idea of grocery prices, I also budgeted for about 10 thousand for us all and the furniture to get here.

I dont really know if your income is ok as I can only comment on my oh, he earns about 100'ks ayear before tax, and super. but that is with a lot of overtime, your wife I am sure will have no problem finding work, but tell her to bring all her paper qualifications with her, as they really like them here also make sure she gets as many referee's on paper as she can, but with her job she will probably know this anyways.

Ok hope that helps you and the very best of Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.