Just Joined

Hot Dog will become famous soon enough
Default Dilemma!!!

Hi all!
The company I work for in England is slowly going down the tubes. BOO

Just been over to Oz and been offered a great job with sponsorship. HURRAH

My wife would love to go to Oz. HURRAH

My two step children (14 and 16) do not want want to go. BOO

Their father, even though he doesn't see them that often, doesn't want them to go. BOO

But he doesn't want them to stay with him either. BOO

My wife says that she can't leave the kids. BOO

The kids don't want us to leave them with their Father. BOO

I'm 38 so time is running out. BOO

Could have chance of redundancy this year. The money could help us set ourselves up in Oz. HURRAH

Looking at the big financial picture we could retire considerably earlier in Oz. HURRAH

Why is life so blinking complicated. BOO

That is more BOOS than I was expecting!!!!

Think I could turn to the BOOZE!!!

I know you can't help, but thanks for listening.

Steve
Old May 11th 2006, 7:25 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dilemma!!!

There are as many boos there as you want there to be. If you have a dream, find a way to fulfil it. Good luck
Old May 11th 2006, 8:09 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold

What exactly you mean by BOO?
Old May 11th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bru
What reasons have your stepchildren given for not wanting to go ?
Old May 11th 2006, 10:06 am
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ohippy

Two of my children aged 10 and 12 didn't want to go at first, but I managed to persuade them by mentioning all the great things Oz has to offer especially as they are both very sporty! I told them that staying here wasn't an option, either they come with us or live with their dad! (Even though there is no way I could leave them behind!) I think at the end of the day they know which side their breads buttered and the fact I said this to their father sent him into a panic and signed the consent letter no problem! Although he didn't want them to go at first, he doesn't want them living with him - that would spoilt his and his new wife's life completely!

We have an agreement through a solicitor that we will come back once a year in order for them to see their father.

I'm sure you can get around your issues too!

Where there's a will there's a way!

Jane

Last edited by PJA; May 11th 2006 at 10:09 am.
Old May 11th 2006, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bru
As in, you BOO something when it is not very good, and you HURRAH something when it is! Simple really.
Steve
Old May 11th 2006, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ohippy
They say that they don't want to leave their friends, school, dad.

Steve
Old May 11th 2006, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I think your wife will have to find out what legal rights she has for taking her children out of the country. Contact a lawyer.

Originally Posted by Hot Dog
Hi all!

Their father, even though he doesn't see them that often, doesn't want them to go. BOO

Could have chance of redundancy this year. The money could help us set ourselves up in Oz. HURRAH

Looking at the big financial picture we could retire considerably earlier in Oz. HURRAH

Steve
Old May 11th 2006, 5:23 pm
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

Steve

Can u not apply for a skilled migrant visa? By the time it is processed and you have to move to Oz ur step kids woill probably have left home and can look after themselves
Old May 11th 2006, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Steve
ALL teens say that. It's a common problem.

Why not take them out for a holiday and let them see what they think.
Old May 11th 2006, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PJA
Two of my children aged 10 and 12 didn't want to go at first, but I managed to persuade them by mentioning all the great things Oz has to offer especially as they are both very sporty! I told them that staying here wasn't an option, either they come with us or live with their dad! (Even though there is no way I could leave them behind!) I think at the end of the day they know which side their breads buttered and the fact I said this to their father sent him into a panic and signed the consent letter no problem! Although he didn't want them to go at first, he doesn't want them living with him - that would spoilt his and his new wife's life completely!

We have an agreement through a solicitor that we will come back once a year in order for them to see their father.

I'm sure you can get around your issues too!

Where there's a will there's a way!

Jane
Hi Jane.
Your situation was uncannily similar to ours. Their Dad says that when he met his new wife, the kids weren't part of the package. He sees them on average 2 hours a week. Then he takes them round to his Mums for tea while he sits and reads the paper. He hasn't taken them on holiday for over 8 years and he has not once had them on Xmas Eve because he goes out on the pop. Then he has the cheek to tell us that we can't start a new life in Oz.
Thanks for the advice
Steve
Old May 11th 2006, 5:50 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Hi Jane.
Your situation was uncannily similar to ours. Their Dad says that when he met his new wife, the kids weren't part of the package. He sees them on average 2 hours a week. Then he takes them round to his Mums for tea while he sits and reads the paper. He hasn't taken them on holiday for over 8 years and he has not once had them on Xmas Eve because he goes out on the pop. Then he has the cheek to tell us that we can't start a new life in Oz.
Thanks for the advice
Steve
Must be the same guy!!!

As mean as it sounds I think you can manipulate the kids into wanting to go and then if they are saying to their dad that they really WANT to go he may change his tune. Also if it had to go to court, the kids are old enough to say want they want, which counts for a lot.

Mine didn't want to go for exactly the same reasons as first, but they're fine now. Sometimes it just takes a little time to sink in and get used to the idea!

Good luck

Jane
Old May 12th 2006, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

scotgirl will become famous soon enoughscotgirl will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I wonder if there would be anyway you good all go on holiday to OZ, to show the children the possibities a new life holds ??

They may then have time to consider all the great opportuntities ??

hope all works out, cheers gill
Old May 12th 2006, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve
Friends - they'll get new ones, and email/chat on MSN with the ones back home

School - the ones in Aus are better....

Dad - Offer to pay his fare once every 18 months so he can come and see them. Watch the worm turn.

Old May 12th 2006, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iPom

Dad - Offer to pay his fare once every 18 months so he can come and see them. Watch the worm turn.

That is a beauty!!
We had a bit of a rough ride last night, but we'll keep plugging away.
Thanks all for the support and advice. We will keep you posted.
Steve & Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.