Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Digital Top Boxes

Digital Top Boxes

Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold
Default Digital Top Boxes

Sorry guys - I suspect this is a common question. Moved into our place in St Kilda in Melbourne. Nights drawing in and clocks go back this weekend. Kind of fancy watching something other than half a dozen fuzzy channels. What's the best thing to do. I understand Foxtel charge about $70 a month - we don't need that. We only want to watch a few programmes here and there - just something that isn't fuzzy. Should I get a top box and if so, which one? Oh and stupid question probably but can you get BBC or Sky by any means?
Cheers
Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:10 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Digital Top Boxes

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
Sorry guys - I suspect this is a common question. Moved into our place in St Kilda in Melbourne. Nights drawing in and clocks go back this weekend. Kind of fancy watching something other than half a dozen fuzzy channels. What's the best thing to do. I understand Foxtel charge about $70 a month - we don't need that. We only want to watch a few programmes here and there - just something that isn't fuzzy. Should I get a top box and if so, which one? Oh and stupid question probably but can you get BBC or Sky by any means?
Cheers
We bought set top boxes in Coles for $70.00, just meant that our fuzzy uk TV's now have perfect terrestrial picture. Our box advertised MTV and had MTV logos all over the box and we thought that we would somehow get MTV through them but we dont. We can only get the usual channels so splashed out for foxtel downstairs
Old Mar 30th 2006, 3:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Basic Foxtel is $50, we get it next week. The problem with a digibox is that if the signal is weak you don't get anything at all. Maybe start with getting your aerial adjusted / replaced?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Basic Foxtel is $50, we get it next week. The problem with a digibox is that if the signal is weak you don't get anything at all. Maybe start with getting your aerial adjusted / replaced?

You cannot get Channels 10 and 7 through the foxtel box, which is stopping me from buying a DvD harddrive recorder.

I'm very tempted to Purchase a Hi def box, for the world cup though. they are down to 250 bucks now. I want to see the wry grin on Harry's boat as he sinks one in past the Brazlian Goalkeeper, and the indvidual blades of grass on my 50 inch rear pro