Digital Radio

Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough
Default Digital Radio

We've started to pack away a few things - does anyone know if its worth taking the digital radio? Do they have this service in Oz?
Cheers
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:29 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all
Default Re: Digital Radio

Only in Sydney and Melbourne i think folks
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:18 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
Only in Sydney and Melbourne i think folks
Yep and its only trials. Your equipment may not work going forwards
http://www.digitalradioaustralia.com.au/
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

I brought my two Evokes with me.

Waste of time because:
1. Service is just a trial in Melbourne with six channels.
2. The Evokes have a UK-plug transformer so I would always have to use an Aus-UK adapter.

FIL took one back to the UK a few months ago. Next time he comes he can take the other one.

Ian
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Mrbigdownunder has a spectacular aura aboutMrbigdownunder has a spectacular aura aboutMrbigdownunder has a spectacular aura about

I just got my UK digital radio - 6 channels in Melbourne is way better than what I have just now in The Isle of Man. Okay - it's on trial jut now but at last it's there.

I take it that UK ones work in Oz - with the adaptor?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:27 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mrbigdownunder
I just got my UK digital radio - 6 channels in Melbourne is way better than what I have just now in The Isle of Man. Okay - it's on trial jut now but at last it's there.

I take it that UK ones work in Oz - with the adaptor?
Hi

Yes, they do - got my adaptor at Dick Smiths. We just use our Evoke at the moment for standard radio.

The digital trialling has been going on here for ages - why, I don't know - as it has been proven and used in UK, and presumably the US, for some years. The last I heard was that we are not likely to get a proper service in Sydney and surrounding areas for at least another 2 years!

Says a lot when I Emailed ABC digital trialling department three times in a year regarding this (lack of) progress , that they still haven't bothered to reply

Jim