difficulty

Old May 19th 2006, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice
Default difficulty

hi
Can anyone give me any information on jobs.
We have applied for our 136 modl visa and hope to move out this time next year.We have 2 children 14 and 9 now so really next year they will be 15 and 10, but we would love to move to the sunshine coast.But reading all your threads it worrys me that we will have difficulty finding jobs in the area.My husband is a vehicle painter/sprayer and has run his own car bodyshop for 7 years. Do you know if this kind of job will be hard to find on the sunshine coast.
i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY ADVISE YOU CAN GIVE US.
we will be coming over as a family for our 1st reccy in oct/nov.
Old May 19th 2006, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: difficulty

Originally Posted by hindon
hi
We have applied for our 136 modl visa and hope to move out this time next year.We have 2 children 14 and 9 now so really next year they will be 15 and 10, but we would love to move to the sunshine coast.But reading all your threads it worrys me that we will have difficulty finding jobs in the area.My husband is a vehicle painter/sprayer and has run his own car bodyshop for 7 years. Do you know if this kind of job will be hard to find on the sunshine coast.
If you're going over on a reccie then I would suggest your hubby contact employers whilst you are there. I think that would give him the most definate answer really, as we could only guess at what's available, how much you would get paid and how easy it is for your hubby to get a job. Plus it may turn out that he gets a job to go to.

Try to get an up to date CV and references ready to take with you and just send it to as many potential employers as you can.

Someone in Oz may be able to give you an idea of how many jobs there is in this kind of work when they wake up again.

Good Luck
Old May 19th 2006, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
If you're going over on a reccie then I would suggest your hubby contact employers whilst you are there. I think that would give him the most definate answer really, as we could only guess at what's available, how much you would get paid and how easy it is for your hubby to get a job. Plus it may turn out that he gets a job to go to.

Try to get an up to date CV and references ready to take with you and just send it to as many potential employers as you can.

Someone in Oz may be able to give you an idea of how many jobs there is in this kind of work when they wake up again.

Good Luck
yeah thanks, i forgot it was there bed time.
Old May 19th 2006, 11:41 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

yeah thanks, i forgot it was there bed time.
can't help on the jobs or the area, but I can give this a bump as it ain't night time anymore
Old May 20th 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gedge
can't help on the jobs or the area, but I can give this a bump as it ain't night time anymore
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A ROUGH IDEA ON A WEEKLY WAGE IN THIS INDUSTRY?
Old May 20th 2006, 8:27 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A ROUGH IDEA ON A WEEKLY WAGE IN THIS INDUSTRY?
There are probably not many people in this kind of industry over here? Have you tried looking on the recruitment sites for these types of jobs? These sites might give you an idea, although they don't always give salary details.

It might be worth you contacting some of the recruitment agencies and asking them if they have any idea re job prospects / salary etc in the area you wish to move in?

There are websites for these recruitmant agencies. I don't know the details but you can find them on Google. Try seek.com and careerone.com for starters

Good luck
Old May 20th 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
There are probably not many people in this kind of industry over here? Have you tried looking on the recruitment sites for these types of jobs? These sites might give you an idea, although they don't always give salary details.

It might be worth you contacting some of the recruitment agencies and asking them if they have any idea re job prospects / salary etc in the area you wish to move in?

There are websites for these recruitmant agencies. I don't know the details but you can find them on Google. Try seek.com and careerone.com for starters

Good luck
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Old May 20th 2006, 10:20 am
Account Closed

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
You're welcome.

By the way...not sure if you realise, but typing in capitals is deemed as SHOUTING in cyber language

Take the caps lock off .......you're giving me a headache

Good luck with everything m8
Old May 20th 2006, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

You're welcome.

By the way...not sure if you realise, but typing in capitals is deemed as SHOUTING in cyber language

Take the caps lock off .......you're giving me a headache

Good luck with everything m8
SORRY oh i mean sorry
Old May 20th 2006, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hindon, I have seen people discussing this particular job on here before, I'll see if I can find anything for you. Hang on.

Yes, here we go, I knew I'd read something recently.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ainter+sprayer

Edit to add: I know it's not the exact thing you wanted, but maybe you can get in touch with the people who are there who are now in Aus. I see someone in Robina, which is a lovely place. There are obviously jobs out there... you just need to test the water a bit.
Only last week in the budget here, the lack of skilled tradespeople was made a lot of. I should think you'll be absolutely fine, but check what you need to work over here too. Aus sometimes makes you jump through a few hoops to bring you into line with this system.

Best of luck.

Last edited by iPom; May 20th 2006 at 12:30 pm.
Old May 20th 2006, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

SORRY oh i mean sorry
PMSL .....IT'S OK....oh i mean it's ok
Old May 20th 2006, 12:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the replies on your previous thread mate ?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371925

Wengers mate seems to think there is plenty of work.
Old May 20th 2006, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

hi
We won't be far from there and I'm a welder. Not worried as Aus employer in UK just now looking for welders as there is a severe shortage. Try govt job site which can pinpoint town and vacancies. Can't remember url but just google it and you'll get it
Old May 20th 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

KAYJAS will become famous soon enoughKAYJAS will become famous soon enough

I tried this and got fed up with talking to a brick wall !! Even if you lie and tell them you have a visa and could be there in 6 weeks they still don't reply!! Very frustrating.
IMO bottom line is if you move to Aus getting a suitable job is one of the risks involved.
Make sure you have sufficient funds to last while you are job searching when you arrive.
Any when else agree with me?
Old May 20th 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

hi
They are called panelbeater/spraypainters in NZ and OZ. They require trade certification. There are definitely jobs in this area in OZ but I'm not sure how much they are in demand or where. Check this website for info on those matters:

http://jobsearch.gov.au

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.