Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you tip the shippers

Did you tip the shippers

Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Did you tip the shippers

Hi all
Well day one of shippers in has not been too bad at all. Only another 3 days to go.
Can I just ask whether people gave their guys a tip when they had finished? Obviously I'm supplying them with lots of tea and bickies but not sure on the protocol for this one.
What did you do please?
Thanks very much
Andrea
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Re: Did you tip the shippers

Good question, as we have the packers in tomorrow for the next few days
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

I gave them a big tin of roses each, they all worked so hard and were so careful. Every time I tried to help they said Mrs (that's what they called me they found it easier to remember) you should be relaxing with the kids. the youngest guy was 62 eldest 70+ , all lovely men.

Be warned label or remove everything you do not want packed
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Now I feel bad cause I did'nt, but they had breakfast and lunch and gallons of tea lol.
x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

We did....

I wouldn't of done, but Anita was calling me a tight sod, so I gave them a tenner, I think
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andreak
Hi all
Well day one of shippers in has not been too bad at all. Only another 3 days to go.
Can I just ask whether people gave their guys a tip when they had finished? Obviously I'm supplying them with lots of tea and bickies but not sure on the protocol for this one.
What did you do please?
Thanks very much
Andrea
No i did not considering i did most of the packing my self.
BUT i did give them lots and lots of tea, coffee, biscuits and cakes.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

we gave them some fosters!!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

The guys who packed for us were fantastic. Can't remember exactly what we gave them, but it was enough for a couple of beers each
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
The guys who packed for us were fantastic. Can't remember exactly what we gave them, but it was enough for a couple of beers each

Hi,
We did the same gave them £30 between the three of them for a few drinks, they worked really hard. Just hope it all arrives in one piece.

Claire
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

A thank you & 2 VB's each won't hurt !
Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Thanks for all answers, I'll see how things go for the rest of the three days, and then decide, but so far so good. They'll be taking computer today so its Bye from me for a while. I'll miss reading all the comments on BE, but good luck to you all.
Andrea x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck....if you get to read this before you go
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:46 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't tip mine, because they were ****ing shit.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Didn't tip mine, because they were ****ing shit.

I think tipping culture does not exist here in Sydney - however when I am given good service I do my bit !

At the local Thai restaurant - provide excellent food and service. I usually tip 10%....
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:13 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Is it not there job to not break anything?
And to make sure that it is packed properly?

Only i dont remember getting a tip yesterday in work for not electrocuting anyone

Dougie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.