Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you buy single fare or return fare....

Did you buy single fare or return fare....

Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you buy single fare or return fare....

When I look through the net most tickets are advertise for return journey, and there is hardly any one way fare.
how does everybody do it?
Do you just buy return ticket and keep it valid for one year just in case you need to go back, or wont bother with the return part of it.
would single be cheaper or more expensive?

Many thanks in advance for your replies

farideh

Last edited by chris and farideh; Mar 10th 2006 at 12:21 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you buy single fare or return fare....

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
when I look through the net most tickets are advertise for return tickets, and there is hardly any one wayfare.
Do you just buy return ticket and keep it valid for one year, or wont bother with the return part of it.

many thanks in advance for your replies

farideh
Most sites have one way options, some are just hidden. On some sites there is an option for "advanced search" or something similar and that's where you will find it.

It will be dearer to get a return.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a single, but you can get some with a date you can change several times in case something happens and you need to change plans suddenly. They cost a little more but if things are uncertain for you, they can be very beneficial.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Most sites have one way options, some are just hidden. On some sites there is an option for "advanced search" or something similar and that's where you will find it.

It will be dearer to get a return.
Some have single but most dont, and the one they have single fare seems more expensive than return, have experince the same problem?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Some have single but most dont, and the one they have single fare seems more expensive than return, have experince the same problem?

No I've not found that. I'm using ww.singaporeair.com

They seem to be the best I have found so far, and I have searched hundreds of sites.

Approx £1600 for 4 of us (3 adult fares and 1 child) including taxes etc
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iPom
Get a single, but you can get some with a date you can change several times in case something happens and you need to change plans suddenly. They cost a little more but if things are uncertain for you, they can be very beneficial.
thats good idea didnt think of it that way.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thats good idea didnt think of it that way.
Singapore have told me that they can transfer the ticket to a different date for no extra cost providing it is in the same season.

They also give 40kg each on a 1st entry permanent visa
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

No I've not found that. I'm using ww.singaporeair.com

They seem to be the best I have found so far, and I have searched hundreds of sites.

Approx £1600 for 4 of us (3 adult fares and 1 child) including taxes etc
wow that is so cheap, there is five of us, 3 adult & 2 children and really I cant find a nice deal for anythind less than £3,850 of course thats return.
better check that site again for single fares.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singapore have told me that they can transfer the ticket to a different date for no extra cost providing it is in the same season.

They also give 40kg each on a 1st entry permanent visa
maybe I should called them, that way I get the deal.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

maybe I should called them, that way I get the deal.

It wouldn't hurt.

Although I just e-mailed them last week and am saving the e-mail until I need it They replied the next day.

Do you know when you are going yet??
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

It wouldn't hurt.

Although I just e-mailed them last week and am saving the e-mail until I need it They replied the next day.

Do you know when you are going yet??
we have to be there before the 19 of Aug to validate our visa.
my DH is working on the house day and night almost so we can put the house on the market before the end of the month.
so finger cross if sell quickly, we like to leave asap, if we dont well we just go out there for 3 weeks validate our visa and back again.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

we have to be there before the 19 of Aug to validate our visa.
my DH is working on the house day and night almost so we can put the house on the market before the end of the month.
so finger cross if sell quickly, we like to leave asap, if we dont well we just go out there for 3 weeks validate our visa and back again.
we want go after our son has finish he's GCSE exam, and then after that we are not very fussy, but as long as we get there before the 19 of Aug.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

We have just booked our tickets one way. Newcastle-Heathrow-Hong Kong(3 nights stop)-Melbourne. £416--00 each for 2 adults inc all taxes. It would have cost 635 each for a return. That was Cathay Pacific which by all accounts are as good as Singapore and Quantas.
Michael.
P.S Booked through trailfinders
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 29palms
We have just booked our tickets one way. Newcastle-Heathrow-Hong Kong(3 nights stop)-Melbourne. £416--00 each for 2 adults inc all taxes. It would have cost 635 each for a return. That was Cathay Pacific which by all accounts are as good as Singapore and Quantas.
Michael.
P.S Booked through trailfinders
we were gone go next weekend to london to their offices and get some quote, yours are dead cheap too, thanks for that.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

When I look through the net most tickets are advertise for return journey, and there is hardly any one way fare.
Do you just buy return ticket and keep it valid for one year just in case you need to go back, or wont bother with the return part of it.

Many thanks in advance for your replies

farideh
I guess it depends on how often you want to come back and visit rellies etc?

we will be buying return fares valid for a year to come back to visit, then buy return flights again so on and so on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.