How much is it going for?

£11,500 - i cant bear it.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did anyone ship their car??

Originally Posted by evorobin
How much is it going for?

ive just realised where you are in Oz (d'uh!!!) we looking to go to adelaide - whats it like living there?? what made you choose adelaide/sa??
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:07 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rooksie
ive just realised where you are in Oz (d'uh!!!) we looking to go to adelaide - whats it like living there?? what made you choose adelaide/sa??
Probably because it`s the easiest state to import a car into.... ironic eh?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stormz
Probably because it`s the easiest state to import a car into.... ironic eh?

##&%@!!! ##@+%$ !!!

in the back of my mind there is still possibility i wont get a buyer.....!!!!!

what are you doing about your car??
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:26 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rooksie
in the back of my mind there is still possibility i wont get a buyer.....!!!!!

what are you doing about your car??
Know how you feel.

Basically as you know, we`ll end up paying about what the car is worth (£3,500) just to get it back to Aus (Shipping + customs + speedo etc), so it`s not worth taking back if we can help it.

BUT.... we`ll be advertising it in the Autotrader in a few weeks (once we get some other stuff out of the way), as the Exchange&Mart is rubbish. We`ll do Autotrader for a few weeks. Hopefully it will sell.

If by mid-May the car isn`t sold, we`ll just say `bugger it` and take the hit for getting it back to Oz. Not selling it to some bloody dealer for £2,500 or whatever. At least if we take it back we know we have a great reliable car, rather than possibly buying some dodgy motor in W.A.

Will advertise it in Loot, Freeads (apparently much better than Loot according to the boss), and local newsagents.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stormz
Know how you feel.

Basically as you know, we`ll end up paying about what the car is worth (£3,500) just to get it back to Aus (Shipping + customs + speedo etc), so it`s not worth taking back if we can help it.

BUT.... we`ll be advertising it in the Autotrader in a few weeks (once we get some other stuff out of the way), as the Exchange&Mart is rubbish. We`ll do Autotrader for a few weeks. Hopefully it will sell.

If by mid-May the car isn`t sold, we`ll just say `bugger it` and take the hit for getting it back to Oz. Not selling it to some bloody dealer for £2,500 or whatever. At least if we take it back we know we have a great reliable car, rather than possibly buying some dodgy motor in W.A.

Will advertise it in Loot, Freeads (apparently much better than Loot according to the boss), and local newsagents.

bummer eh??!

i thought about a posted in back of car "For Sale" etc etc. might be worth a try..?? it really is a p***er because i dont want to end up with some other crappy car but there are worse things in life!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:15 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my car on Autotrader for four weeks and the only calls I got were from other ad companies, ended up leaving it with a friend who put it in the Friday ad and sold within the week. Wasn't in the +£10k bracket though but Friday Ad is a hell of a lot cheaper than Auto Trader.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really nice

Anyone know the regulations for kit and replica cars in Australia ? I'd like to take mine, as long as it will met the regulations, but there's not an airbag in sight, and no catalytic converter either
Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:42 am
Superfreak!!

Originally Posted by Bodger
Anyone know the regulations for kit and replica cars in Australia ? I'd like to take mine, as long as it will met the regulations, but there's not an airbag in sight, and no catalytic converter either
Ask karmanshipping.co.uk ... he`s very helpful.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Superior
No, a whining pom.

mind your spelling - think you must mean "winning"
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:21 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Question from a newbie.

Has anyone shipped a Japanese car over from the UK? Or just sold up and bought another when they have got there?

I'm hoping to take my Toyota MR2 Roadster but I'm not totally sure whether to go for it. It hasn't air con and the mileometer will need changing to Kms. I reckon my car is currently worth £11k and to buy an equivalent in Sydney would be around $30-32k.

Has anyone shipped a similar car?

Thanks in advance....