Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Diabetes and prescriptions

Diabetes and prescriptions

Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

pjmills is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Diabetes and prescriptions

In the UK I get my prescriptions free which includes insulin and blood test equipment. What would happen in OZ? Would I be eligible for free or would I have to pay?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Diabetes and prescriptions

Originally Posted by pjmills
In the UK I get my prescriptions free which includes insulin and blood test equipment. What would happen in OZ? Would I be eligible for free or would I have to pay?
Everybody pays for prescriptions in Australia. Some can get them discounted if on some medications or if they are on state benefits, which most visa holders can not claim for 2 years.

medicareaustralia.gov.au
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

do you have any idea how much would it cost for insulin? for example.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pjmills
do you have any idea how much would it cost for insulin? for example.
I'm not in Australia yet but I think it would be one on the PBS list. Would be thirty something dollars per presctiption until you reach a limit of $1281.30 in a year, then it's reduced for the rest of the year. read the info in the links

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/...cripts/pbs.jsp

PBS
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Ok thankyou very much I will look into it.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is a Governement initiative administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS delivers diabetes-related products at subsidised prices and provides information and support services to people with diabetes. Registration is free and open to all Australians diagnosed with diabetes.
Not sure if there are limitations depending on visa ?

http://www.ndss.com.au/

Worth checking out though
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Thank you