Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Desperately Seeking Sheila

Desperately Seeking Sheila

Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Desperately Seeking Sheila

Did anyone see thiis program last night?. I don't normally watch this type of program but my Tivo recorder picked it up (it's set to record anything about Australia). We enjoyed it, I don't think these girls are going to know what hit them when they get to the outback.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:33 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperately Seeking Sheila

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Did anyone see thiis program last night?. I don't normally watch this type of program but my Tivo recorder picked it up (it's set to record anything about Australia). We enjoyed it, I don't think these girls are going to know what hit them when they get to the outback.
It was shown on SBS a couple of months ago. There are some good characters in the program.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

I don't normally watch this type of program but my Tivo recorder picked it up (it's set to record anything about Australia).
Whats a Tivo recorder? Sounds great
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:36 pm
Professional Princess

I absolutely loved it.

My favourite was the guy from the strict Catholic family, he seemed quite nice.

All the guys made me laugh, they were likeable in their own innocent way.

I think you are right. They won't know what's hit them.

That poor bloke that was overwhelmed in the company of 3 girls bless him.

Roll on next week.

Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Whats a Tivo recorder? Sounds great
Similar to sky plus, but better. It's a hard disk recorder with software that you can use to record whole series or by a specific theme (Australia for example) or with a specific actor etc. You can also pause live TV. I've had it for 3 years now & cannot imagine watching TV without it.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

It was on ITV about 11pm last night.....looks like one of those shows that you end up screaming at, woman living in th eoutback with major hair and make up issues...could be fun to watch. Think it's a weekly show - not sure, will Sky+ it to make sure we pick it up.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Similar to sky plus, but better. It's a hard disk recorder with software that you can use to record whole series or by a specific theme (Australia for example) or with a specific actor etc. You can also pause live TV. I've had it for 3 years now & cannot imagine watching TV without it.
I WANT ONE I have never heard of them before....are they widely available
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by desperate2go
I WANT ONE I have never heard of them before....are they widely available
Knew you could get them in the US....didn't know you could get them here??? Or is it in Aus??
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Knew you could get them in the US....didn't know you could get them here??? Or is it in Aus??
I have not seen them in australia. Channel 7 decided that electronic programming guides were copyright material. Windows MCE would not grab a program guide. You can buy a digital TV receiver for your PC for $200 and record to your hard drive.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonictigger
My techie husband and 18-year-old son have just bought one. There are none for sale in Australia - ours came from the US and was sent to Melbourne (to be fitted with a Australian tuner) by a Tivo expert who does such things in hs spare time. All ordered online and works perfectly.

It is a fantastic gizmo. You can watch everything on delay and whizz thru the ads. You can start recording AFTER the program has started (it automatically records everything to disk) and it's much simpler to setup recording in advance (via online program schedules which are automatically downloaded from the net).

Apparantly in Australia, Tivo is an enthusiasts-only type of thing. There's a website (in the UK) that provides the online program schedule (for Australia). I believe they are continually looking for volunteers to key in the program data because, as (as BP says) no TV company in Australia will provide the info.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 11:53 pm
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickyc
There's a website (in the UK) that provides the online program schedule (for Australia).
Haven't got a link handy by any chance?

Cheers,
Alex
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:49 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
There's a website (in the UK) that provides the online program schedule (for Australia).
The question is where is the website that has an accurate TV schedule. I think most people living here would be grateful for it as well .
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4lex
Haven't got a link handy by any chance?

Cheers,
Alex
Here it is....

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/WebHome

It's not for the faint-hearted.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HUP
The question is where is the website that has an accurate TV schedule. I think most people living here would be grateful for it as well .
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but the website is just for automated Tivo downloads. There's nothing visible on it that would make sense to anyone just looking.

I know what you mean about accurate schedules though. There was one program on Channel 7 last night, that started at least 45 minutes late!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by HUP
The networks play the schedules off against each other. They deliberately overun programs so you miss the start of a good program on the other side and often change the program or scheduled time with no notice. Tivo schedules here would be a nightmare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.